Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

18" turbo look wheels standard on wide bodies?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 04:39 PM
grwoolf
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 18" turbo look wheels standard on wide bodies?

I am looking at several wide-bodied 2 wheel drive cars. Every one I am looking at has the 18" turbo style wheels, but only some show option 408. I'm not sure if these are hollow or solid since I just learned about that difference yesterday. The sellers are saying they believe the 18's are the original wheels. I've seen a couple C2S cars on line with the 17" cup wheels, but again not positive they are the original wheels. Was the 18" wheel an option for the C2S or was this standard? Is the "408" option code an upgrade to a hollow spoke wheel maybe from a standard 18" solid turbo style?
Old 10-21-2008, 04:55 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In the US the TT came standard with the Technology Hollow Spoke wheels, the C4S came with the Turbo Twist solid spoke wheels, and the C2S came with 17" Cup II wheels (with 25mm bolt on spacers in the back). All of these wheels were optional on other 993 models.

You won't find many C2S models with the 17" wheels because most dealers specified optional 18" wheels when they ordered the C2S models for stock, and most customers specified the 18" wheels when they ordered the C2S models. In addition, many C2S cars that did come with 17" wheels have been modified to either the hollow or solid 18" wheels.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:11 PM
grwoolf
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, is it safe to say that any C2S that left the factory with Turbo style wheels should show a wheel option (such as "408") on the build sticker? If there is no wheel option listed, I will assume someone has added the Turbo wheels after the car left the factory. This contradicts what a couple sellers are telling me, but I guess it's reasonable to think the wheels might have been added at the dealership prior to delivery or by a prior owner.

Quick Reply: 18" turbo look wheels standard on wide bodies?