Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help: Recaro A8 installation.

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 03:10 AM
rex993
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you all of your kindly input, it's very fruitful and insightful.

I am lucky enough managed to get a pair of non-adjustable sliders which is very similar with Recaro one at only 1/6 cost.

Now am on my way to figure out the seat belt bracket during my seats are in the process of leather restoration which takes me another 3~4 weeks time.

Chuck, Mike. Thank you very much for your help indeed.

cheers
--rex
Old 10-21-2008, 12:49 PM
gonzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by rex993
Thank you all of your kindly input, it's very fruitful and insightful.

I am lucky enough managed to get a pair of non-adjustable sliders which is very similar with Recaro one at only 1/6 cost.

Now am on my way to figure out the seat belt bracket during my seats are in the process of leather restoration which takes me another 3~4 weeks time.

Chuck, Mike. Thank you very much for your help indeed.

cheers
--rex
No problemo, Rex! I'll tell you what I told Chuck...

Get those seats in your car and post some pics!!!

Good luck with the install!
Old 10-21-2008, 01:18 PM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Originally Posted by gonzilla

There's this site called "Rennlist"... JK. Seriously though, they were just uploaded to Rennlist like anything else. I probably compressed them down in photoshop a bit though. Hey... Don't you owe me a call BTW???
Mike,

Yes, I owe you an email, phone call, cold beer and poker game. When are you and yours coming to TX?

I used to use www.imageshack.us but now when i use them my image come out in thumbnail size
Old 10-21-2008, 02:53 PM
gonzilla
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Air Kuul TT
Mike,

Yes, I owe you an email, phone call, cold beer and poker game. When are you and yours coming to TX?

I used to use www.imageshack.us but now when i use them my image come out in thumbnail size
Hey Toeny!

I'm just giving you chit, mang. I think it's gonna be a little bit before we get to TX, because pretty soon we are gonna be 3! Drop me a line when you get a chance.

And for photos, try this:
http://mall.rennlist.com/upload.asp

To the OP... Sorry for constantly highjacking the thread.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:41 PM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Rex - any update on your A8 install?

David
Old 11-06-2008, 01:31 AM
rex993
Intermediate

Hi here David,

Good day! wish you doing all well.

Not much progress as my pair A8's still under restoration. Still have 1~2 more weeks to go for final fitting and installation.

How about yours? Did you managed to get the work around done for ur current or a you going to get a new pair of CS sportster/997GT3 seats?

cheers~!
Old 11-06-2008, 11:21 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

...Not much progress as my pair A8's still under restoration. Still have 1~2 more weeks to go for final fitting and installation.

How about yours? Did you managed to get the work around done for ur current or a you going to get a new pair of CS sportster/997GT3 seats?...
Hi Rex - I still only have one A8 seat and am passively looking for another...and then I would have to deal with the adapter/slider issue that you are dealing with. I'm also still considering the CS Sporster but in the meantime I still have the GT3 seats and considering installing a tilting mount on the passenger side so I can access the rear to put in a child seat.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:05 PM
gonzilla
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by David in LA
Hi Rex - I still only have one A8 seat and am passively looking for another...and then I would have to deal with the adapter/slider issue that you are dealing with. I'm also still considering the CS Sporster but in the meantime I still have the GT3 seats and considering installing a tilting mount on the passenger side so I can access the rear to put in a child seat.
Hey David,

Just in case it was unclear... You can either use the non-adjustable recaro sliders by themselves or the height-adjustable sliders with a separate bracket of your choice. Judging from Chuck's pics, I would suggest the non-adjustable sliders because you will be able to get the seat lower and if you need to raise it at all, you can do it in finer increments using some washers between the slider and the floor.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:13 PM
rex993
Intermediate

Agreed x 2.

Just that the recaro sliders are not cheap in HK (HKD2800/pair, u need 2 pairs for 2 seats). You may want to double check the price in US and bring it back, otherwise simply get the OEM sliders would fit and the worst case should be able to resolve by drilling holes in the sliders ;-)

cheers~!
Old 11-06-2008, 11:31 PM
gonzilla
Rennlist Member

Agreed x 2.

Just that the recaro sliders are not cheap in HK (HKD2800/pair, u need 2 pairs for 2 seats). You may want to double check the price in US and bring it back, otherwise simply get the OEM sliders would fit and the worst case should be able to resolve by drilling holes in the sliders ;-)

cheers~!
I got mine for $99.00/pair from Speedware Motorsports (http://www.speedwaremotorsports.com), no affiliation of course. That works out to HKD1534 for two pair. You may want to see if they ship overseas.

Quick Reply: Help: Recaro A8 installation.