Sponsored by: DashLynx

Help Needed, Stereo Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 06:17 PM
993_Pilot
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help Needed, Stereo Question

I recently had an aftermarket stereo installed and my installer told me that the antenna cable was frayed, and down to a few strands. I assume happened when my windshield was replaced recently, so I called a few online places and nobody had what I needed. When I talked to Pelican Parts, they gave me the name of a dealer who had one in stock, so I called them and ordered. What I got was not what my stereo installer described. He said it should look just like a regular antenna, at least on the end that plugs in to the stereo. I attached a picture of the PET page and the cable that they sent me, and even they look different, WTF??? I have been back and forth with a few different parts guys, and no one seems to be too sure what it is that I need, so I though that I would throw it out to the collective wisdom and experience of the RL community. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Sorry for the huge picture, but I wanted it to be readable.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:26 PM
DAVISRILEY
Three Wheelin'

If you want the cable that goes from radio to the antenna pigtail in the windshield, you want #16, antenna booster. That has the antenna lead at the end at the radio. You got the cable from the radio to the amp.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:36 PM
993_Pilot
Three Wheelin'

Thanks for the quick reply, but according to the picture in the PET, #16 doesn't even appear to have any cable attached to it. #15 is supposed to be the "connecting cable radio booster". I assumed (along with all of the parts guys that I have talked to) that #15 was what I needed only the #15 that I got doesn't look like the #15 in the PET. It is still clear as mud to me.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:44 PM
DAVISRILEY
Three Wheelin'

Correct, connecting the radio to the booster, ie the amplifier. The antenna booster #16 does have a cable coming out of it, they just don't show it for some reason. I am confused what is frayed though. Is it the cable from the windshield to the booster(which is on the pass side, behind the dash.) or is it the cable from the booster to the radio?
Old 09-26-2008, 03:52 AM
993_Pilot
Three Wheelin'

I haven't seen it, but as the installer described it, it must be the cable from the booster to the radio. Thanks again for the reply.

Quick Reply: Help Needed, Stereo Question