Sponsored by:

Where to watch F1 on Maui ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 06:41 PM
Laura
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to watch F1 on Maui ?

Anyone have any suggestions for viewing of Formula 1 when vacationing in Maui? It should be showing at 9pm that Saturday on Speed TV.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:14 PM
Kika
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

I would think most hotels would have cable, or are you thinking what bar to go to?

personally I would DVR it and watch it when you return home.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:17 PM
Black993
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Would LOVE to find some place local to go watch with a group of people. Sadly, I live in the "Land of NASCAR" except that wonderful time in late jan/early feb when we get Rolex.

Good luck with your search, but I agree, DVR it and wait til you get home. Just watch out for the F1 threads in OT and around this forum until you can get home to watch it!
Old 09-16-2008, 09:01 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ka'anapali or Wailea? The obvious hotel bar if your room doesn't have Speed. I can't remember any sports bars on Front Street in Lahaina, I think there's one in Whaler's Village in Ka'anapali, and seldom get down to Wailea for other than a day trip. Ask the concierge at the resort for ideas too.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:50 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I think I tried one year (it may have been on the Big Island), but no luck.

But I DO have a solution.............Slingbox!
Old 09-17-2008, 12:46 PM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Laura
Anyone have any suggestions for viewing of Formula 1 when vacationing in Maui? It should be showing at 9pm that Saturday on Speed TV.
I know it sounds cheesy, but call the Tommy Bahama bar at the Shops at Wilea and see if they get the Speed Channel. Kind of a drive if you are at Kaanapali, though. I have watched a couple of NFL games there. At least there is a bit of a crowd. If nothing else, they have a couple of fabulous tequilas.

BTW, check the local cable listings. Shows often come on much earlier, even accounting for the time zone. Cheers!
Old 09-22-2008, 02:26 PM
Laura
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the input. Some couple going to Maui for vacation and staying in some small condo's on the beach that do not have Speed TV but do have hi speed internet. We are all F1 fans and to wait until we get home the next week to watch the DVR is not going over too well. We arrive about 2pm on Saturday and the race is on at 9:00pm so I think we will have to bar hop early and see if we can find one that might cater to the Nascar crowd and subscribe.
Or we will try the "slingshot"? computer.
Thanks again.
Laura
Hergesheimer MotorSports

Quick Reply: Where to watch F1 on Maui ?