Where to have seats recovered?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 04:57 PM
BobbyT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 74 Likes on 49 Posts
Default Where to have seats recovered?

Anyone care to recommend a great upholstery shop in SoCal? I'm thinking of having my cashmere leather seats recovered--the pax seat is perfect, but the driver's bolster is worn and there are some creases that may soon be cracks...(yes, I'm bored and can't find anything else to do to the car).

I hear Autos International has been sold (more than once) in recent years, and that their work is not what it used to be. Can anyone confirm/deny this?

Alternately, has anyone done their own installation, with covers from a vendor such as GAHH or Autos Intl? Is that a good way to go, or shortcut to disaster?
Old 09-09-2008, 10:31 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 519 Likes on 342 Posts
Smile Autos International

in Escondido, CA....incredible work...they have been in business for years. Now get r dun Bobby!
Old 09-09-2008, 11:33 AM
rome
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bobby--

I had the bolsters on my cashmere seats reconditioned though a concours level detailer. This was a much cheaper option than re-covering the seats, which otherwise looked perfect except for the driver's side bolster.

I was impressed with the work. Check out the pics here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/showpost...9&postcount=67
Old 09-09-2008, 11:38 AM
Kika
Nordschleife Master

Received 79 Likes on 60 Posts

Trim Line in Redondo Beach is very good. I have seen several local Porsches that they have done. they embossed a Porsche Crest into some seats on a friend's car years ago.

I had them recoved the driver seat on my SC using a part I got from Autos International, which they (Trim Line) commented was one of the better pieces they had seen. That was about 10 years ago, so things could be different now.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:02 PM
BobbyT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 74 Likes on 49 Posts

Rome,
I really like the look of your seats. I'm thinking of having mine done with the inserts like yours, rather than the original perforated. I had both seats resprayed a couple of years ago, but it has worn off the driver's bolster. Did you have some panels of the seat replaced, or only reconditioned/resprayed?
Old 09-09-2008, 12:06 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks.

Only reconditioned/resprayed.

No panels were replaced. The "soft look leather" is the original factory option.

Quick Reply: Where to have seats recovered?