Sponsored by:

water leak from sun roof

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 01:44 AM
kcphuah
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 33 Posts
Default water leak from sun roof

So, it has been pouring these couple of days and I then realized my newly bought C4S had a leak through the sun roof. As I brake the vehicle, there is a splash of water pours toward my thighs from the rear part of the sunroof.

At first I thought may be the sun roof was not closed up completely so as I got home I poured some water on the sunroof tray just to see if the water will drip through the tube and come out through the drain tube's nipple. Well, it did not... Anyways, what can you guys sugegst me to do from here? I have thought about using pressurized air hose to blow through the water tube to see if something got clogged up but I cannot find or see where the tube is. Can anyone help? Thanks.
Old 08-30-2008, 04:53 AM
black ice
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The rear drain tubes come out at the top two corners of the decklid. You'll see the holes when you open the decklid. One option is to blow back up or clear with a thin flexible wire. I believe the drains from the back of the sunroof pan are not quite at the corners so they are hard to get to without removing the sunroof.

You can access the front drain holes in the sunroof pan at the forwardmost corners of the sunroof.

Dave
Old 08-30-2008, 10:47 AM
95C4VanIsle
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dave, I had this problem recently as well (as a matter of fact my post on the subject is just a few below yours in the forum). I tried using compressed air from the rear grommet, weed eater line and ordinary household cable. I may have dislodged the flexible tubing attatched to the grommet which resulted in water accumulating up in the roof cavity.

If other methods mentioned here fail to resolve your problem unzip your headliner and remove some of the insulation at the rear corner of the roof and check to make sure the tubing is still attached to the grommet. Be careful with the zipper as I have heard that they don't work as well as they age.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: water leak from sun roof