Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RUF BTR (993)...should I?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008 | 04:21 PM
MR MER
6th Gear

Default RUF BTR (993)...should I?

I've been offered a 1995 RUF BTR. Please school me on the pros and cons of this decision.

Of course I will be asking all the usual questions associated with buying a used car, body work, service, outstanding issues etcetera, and the issues associated with buying a RUF (like is it a RUF VIN or conversion, how much track time has it seen); but what else should I be asking?

This would be my first RUF.

Thanks,

M
Old 08-01-2008 | 05:07 PM
Texas993
Race Car

I have likely driven that car (if it is the one at RUF Dallas). And it is fantastic. PM me if you want to chat about my opinion.

I am obviously a huge RUF fan.
Old 08-01-2008 | 05:30 PM
CP
Race Director

Originally Posted by MR MER
I've been offered a 1995 RUF BTR. Please school me on the pros and cons of this decision.

Of course I will be asking all the usual questions associated with buying a used car, body work, service, outstanding issues etcetera, and the issues associated with buying a RUF (like is it a RUF VIN or conversion, how much track time has it seen); but what else should I be asking?

This would be my first RUF.

Thanks,

M
M,

Wecolme to the Rufaholics Circle here. Marvin (C4Consult) in TX has a silver Ruf BTR that is a stunning sample done perfect at Ruf. You may want to 'consult' with him as to what to watch for.

I bought mine as is from my PO in Germany, and is a slightly differenent breed of cat. Mine was done in Pfaffenhausen in August 2000, and a lot has changed (all for the better) since then. If you search threads under user name CP, you should be able to find quite a bit of info. on my BTR.

Needless to say, I love my Ruf BTR-2. Good luck with your pursuit.

CP
Old 08-01-2008 | 05:49 PM
JPS
Addict
Rennlist Member

Ok, isn't this a bit like having Angelina Jolie saying, "I'd like you to ravage me right now...and oh by the way this is my girlfriend." ???? If the situation presents itself...
Old 08-01-2008 | 06:01 PM
Texas993
Race Car

Originally Posted by CP
M,

Wecolme to the Rufaholics Circle here. Marvin (C4Consult) in TX has a silver Ruf BTR that is a stunning sample done perfect at Ruf. You may want to 'consult' with him as to what to watch for.

CP
Pong,

Marvin's car is for sale at RUF Dallas and this very likely the car that the poster is inquiring about.
Old 08-01-2008 | 06:06 PM
Kika
Nordschleife Master

I would treat it like any other used car, albeit a bit more rare, but a Ruf can have issues like any other car. Likewise, it could be the deal of the century. I would certianly look into it, as Rufs don't just present themselves every day.
Old 08-01-2008 | 06:08 PM
CP
Race Director

Originally Posted by pjconner
Pong,

Marvin's car is for sale at RUF Dallas and this very likely the car that the poster is inquiring about.
Patrick,

I just hung up talking to Wayne, and Marvin's car is at Ruf. I do not know for sure if M is looking at the same car though.

Marvin's car is a great car. The sunroof and rear seat deletes are so rare. I have followed this car since it first surfaced some 2-3 years ago.

CP
Old 08-01-2008 | 06:11 PM
CP
Race Director

Originally Posted by Kika
I would treat it like any other used car, but a Ruf can have issues like any other car. Likewise, it could be the deal of the century. I would certianly look into it, as Rufs don't just present themselves every day.
Ruf in Dallas just re-built this car to perfection in the last year. The new engine has about 4k miles on it. The total mileage is about 25k miles.

I seriously doubt this car has any issues.

CP
Old 08-01-2008 | 06:21 PM
Kika
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by CP
Ruf in Dallas just re-built this car to perfection in the last year. The new engine has about 4k miles on it. The total mileage is about 25k miles.

I seriously doubt this car has any issues.

CP

I hear ya, and if Ruf Dallas is the seller, then I am sure it has a warranty, but Angelina might have herpes too, I am just saying, "M" should do his homework before taking the test.

If M does buy, it is mandatory that pics be posted!

Last edited by Kika; 08-01-2008 at 06:42 PM. Reason: clarify pronouns
Old 08-01-2008 | 06:33 PM
CP
Race Director

Originally Posted by Kika
I hear ya, and if Ruf Dallas is the seller, then I am sure it has a warranty, but Angelina might have herpes too, I am just saying, you should do your homework before taking the test.

If you do buy, it is mandatory that you post pics!
I'm not buying no Ruf BTR. I already have one.

Unless you are talking to M, the original poster.

CP
Old 08-01-2008 | 06:41 PM
Kika
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by CP
I'm not buying no Ruf BTR. I already have one.

Unless you are talking to M, the original poster.

CP
CP, yes, I know you have a Ruf....and might I add that it is a gorgeous example!

Yes, all comments are directed to M.
Old 08-01-2008 | 07:26 PM
MR MER
6th Gear

Yes, I've been talking to Wayne and we are all talking about Marvin's car (though I don't know Marvin). The car seems to be just what I've been looking for....so how long until one of you guys beat me to Huston and buy it out from under me!?
Old 08-01-2008 | 07:29 PM
CP
Race Director

If they beat you to Houston, you have no worries. The car is in Dallas I think.

Where are you located?

CP
Old 08-01-2008 | 08:15 PM
Texas993
Race Car

MR MER,

If you need anything in Dallas or have any questions about RUF, let me know. I live in Dallas and can help in any way.

And if you go for a test drive, we could do a BTR VS Turbo R speed run.

Good luck. And the car is in Dallas.
Old 08-01-2008 | 08:24 PM
MR MER
6th Gear

Dallas, yes of course! If you can't tell I'm not in Texas. I like in Carmel California actually. So what other information can you give me about the car? You say it is a RUF done right, but I only have minimal (in my opinion) information from Wayne as the car isn't officially in their inventory (I think). It seems to have been for sale several months ago at their dealership, then was purchased, upgraded and rebuilt, and is now for sale again.

Quick Reply: RUF BTR (993)...should I?