Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has used Paintscratch.com's Night Blue Metallic?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 11:49 PM
mkimber
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who has used Paintscratch.com's Night Blue Metallic?

I'm on the second bottle of Night Blue Metallic of touch up paint from Paintscratch.com. The first batch was too dark. The second batch, supposedly mixed against a factory chip, also appears to be too dark on the test paper. They have the right paint code (L39C) and my VIN, so I'm not sure what else I can do on my end. Anyone else have any experience with this, good or bad?

I know they can get it right. Paintscratch.com sent me perfect matches for the Carmine Red on the '87 Carrera and Artic Silver for the Outlaw.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:01 AM
tigerrat
Advanced

I used them for my midnight blue and it was pretty good both times. Are you putting the clear coat on it? I found it lightens it as well as providing the gloss. Ken
Old 07-29-2008, 12:33 AM
mvtm
Intermediate

I have the same code,from what i've been told unlike some Porsche paints,L39C is water based.Thats all i know.Anyways i hope you can find the right match as i have the same paint.It is always good to know.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:42 AM
mkimber
Advanced

I'll let you guys know how it looks after I put on the clear coat. I would have not thought the clear coast would have made that much of a difference, but it's the best suggestion I've heard yet. Thanks.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:52 AM
TAI2
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My car is black, but I have had good luck with Dr. ColorChip. I purchased silver form them as well for my wifes car - no issues with matching and silver is tough.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:54 AM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's pretty normal (in my experience) to have them take a couple of shots at it. Funny, they got midnight blue the first time on my 964.
Blue Turquoise took them 4 tries! Tough color though...
They are really good about making slight changes based on your description.

If you were to go to a body shop and have them shoot a bumper they would have the same challenge. You almost always have to match paint to existing.

Quick Reply: Who has used Paintscratch.com's Night Blue Metallic?