MiniDHinkle
Racer

More pictures.

Old 07-22-2008 | 05:21 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by AC993C2S
The wing in the pics shown above isn't either variant of a wing that came from the factory on a RS or RSCS, nor the front bumper/splitter piece.

I was hoping someone was going to tell me that getting an RS conversion/clone classified to I was easier than I thought.... :-)
I'm curious too,,, I raced my 993 as C prepared as I did not have all the mods as per RS specs. I was told by the PCA scruts that it needs to be a identical copy down to the aluminum doors, hood, suspension bits etc...
Old 07-22-2008 | 05:27 PM
MiniDHinkle
Racer

Originally Posted by DJF1
I'm curious too,,, I raced my 993 as C prepared as I did not have all the mods as per RS specs. I was told by the PCA scruts that it needs to be a identical copy down to the aluminum doors, hood, suspension bits etc...
This car ran C before the rules were changed.
Old 07-22-2008 | 05:28 PM
FLA997
Drifting

Yep--- has to be an exact copy of the RS or RSCS.

The above is either a typo for the I classification or the scrut was 3 sheets to the wind when the log book was issued. ;-)
Old 07-22-2008 | 05:29 PM
FLA997
Drifting

Gotcha...so you got a pass automatically to I class? is that my understanding?
Old 07-22-2008 | 05:30 PM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

That's what I thought would be expected from PCA. I could see this as a prepared car but unclear how it could be classed as an RS.

Danny - when will we see the Green machine back on track & how's the hotel?

Cheers,

Rick
Old 07-22-2008 | 06:01 PM
MiniDHinkle
Racer

Yep--- has to be an exact copy of the RS or RSCS.

The above is either a typo for the I classification or the scrut was 3 sheets to the wind when the log book was issued. ;-)
This car ran C stock before the new letters were issued this year.
Old 07-22-2008 | 06:21 PM
clubsport1
Burning Brakes

Curious spec sheet they have, no ali doors as standard on RS & CS...it would be interesting what they made of my factory original unmodified CS would it have to run in a different class to American spec RS cars ?
Old 07-22-2008 | 07:08 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Rick
That's what I thought would be expected from PCA. I could see this as a prepared car but unclear how it could be classed as an RS.

Danny - when will we see the Green machine back on track & how's the hotel?

Cheers,

Rick
Hey Rick, the meanie is back on the track albeit not racing. The new hotel opening keeps me very busy, I'm hoping that next year I will put some races under my belt. I must say ohhh...it feels really good! I run Seattle recently and the car was hooked up. Although the driver is rusty, it felt fantastic, what a beauty...

Originally Posted by clubsport1
Curious spec sheet they have, no ali doors as standard on RS & CS...it would be interesting what they made of my factory original unmodified CS would it have to run in a different class to American spec RS cars ?
That is strange... I have the RS specification manual which is the "bible" at least the scruts were taking their data from and it does specify alu doors and hood for the RS. Plus lightweight glass all around, different suspension bits up front and other details...
Old 07-22-2008 | 08:40 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

a stock 993 would have run in the old D(new G)

a 993RS or RS/CS would have run in the old C(new I) or in GTC2
Old 07-23-2008 | 05:06 AM
clubsport1
Burning Brakes

DJF1, I am happy to send you a pdf of the Porsche 993 RS technical specs by email.
Agree on ali front lid and lighter glass except for windscreen, both my RS have had those, I nearly bought CS a few years ago which had the ali doors, but these were from a '96 Gt2, doors were worth approx $6k at the time!
Old 07-23-2008 | 08:01 AM
38D
Nordschleife Master

The wing in the pics shown above isn't either variant of a wing that came from the factory on a RS or RSCS, nor the front bumper/splitter piece.
When you run a 993 RS in PCA, you can still make the normal stock class changes. That means that you can change out the rear deck, run any bumper/splitter you want, change the suspension, etc.
Old 07-23-2008 | 11:40 AM
RS 197
Pro

Hood is Ali not doors. If PCA is that picky about a 993 RS clone there will be few in the class. The 993 RS and CS are north of $150K, why would anyone race one....

Any of you guy's that have not spent any seat time in a 993 race car need to. It may not be the fastest but will be one of the most exciting rides of your life.

Good luck with the sale Hinkle you have an outstanding car...
Old 07-23-2008 | 12:06 PM
DHinkle
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RS 197
Hood is Ali not doors. If PCA is that picky about a 993 RS clone there will be few in the class. The 993 RS and CS are north of $150K, why would anyone race one....

Any of you guy's that have not spent any seat time in a 993 race car need to. It may not be the fastest but will be one of the most exciting rides of your life.

Good luck with the sale Hinkle you have an outstanding car...
Thanks for the comments. I specifically bought this 993 to advance my driving skills vs. moving directly into a 996 Cup Car. I absolutely love racing this car. I would like to now move into a 996 Cup Car or we would like to build a Cayman S. Someone will get a fantastic track/race car.
Old 08-03-2008 | 07:51 AM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 38D
When you run a 993 RS in PCA, you can still make the normal stock class changes. That means that you can change out the rear deck, run any bumper/splitter you want, change the suspension, etc.
SoI can run the GT2 splitter and wing on G class? What about GT2 fender flares? For some reason I recall hearing/reading that only a simple wing like the RS would be allowed and no front splitters or changes to the front bumper and certainly no GT2 flares. Probably bad info but would appreciate having your input on this.

Originally Posted by RS 197
For the next p-car, I've been debating between a GT3 and two 993s, one of which would be a dedicated track car. Care to share your experience and extend some advice?

Quick Reply: For Sale- 993 RS Race/Track Car