Sponsored by:

Lloyds Mats-- Color to match cashmere

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 01:00 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lloyds Mats-- Color to match cashmere

Just got a (new) set of Lloyds mats. This time I tried "cashmere" at Sunset's suggestion. But it's way off...way too dark.

Has anyone been able to figure out which color Lloyds mats match the cashmere interior on the 993?

P.S. I know a lot of people like black mats against the cashmere, but I prefer the mats to match the carpet.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:11 PM
RallyJon
Weathergirl
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I assume you saw this: https://rennlist.com/forums/showpost...4&postcount=33

I looked and couldn't find anything even very close, much less exact.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:32 PM
The Brewmeister
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Even though I agree that matching mats would look great, keep in mind that they will soil and stain
easily. Step in a grease spot in a parking lot and it will be transferred to the mat. My wife's Passat has
light beige carpeting and mats so I've had plenty of experience with this. How about a mat color close
to ocean blue? Bring a little of your exterior color inside.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:41 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RallyJon
I assume you saw this: https://rennlist.com/forums/showpost...4&postcount=33

I looked and couldn't find anything even very close, much less exact.
Diappointing--

1st set I ordered (last year) came from Pelican. They were "Antelope" and match the seats pretty well, but not the carpet.

This time around I ordered a second set from Sunset. The order was filled perfectly, but the Lloyds "cashmere" isn't close.

I'm getting a little frustrated. I may give it one more shot with "Saddle G." I'm just surprised the vendors are unable to give us a little more guidance about the right color match. Cashmere was a Porsche interior carpet color for at least 10 years, and many must have ordered Lloyds mats trying to get a good color match.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:18 PM
RallyJon
Weathergirl
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Post pics when you get them.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:20 PM
2Many Cars
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had the same problem and finally threw in the towel and just ordered black mats. Thay actually look good because they offset the dash and door caps.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:43 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Just got off the phone with Sunset. They looked at the samples and are telling me that Saddle G is even darker than Cashmere, so that's out. They told me they will call Lloyds to see if they can work with then to find the best match.

Alternatively, for Plan B, I suggested that they just match a Lloyds sample to the Porsche OEM mats (which for the 993 is just called "Beige"-- and not "Cashmere" for some reason) and go with whatever is closest. If it's good enough for Porsche then....
Old 07-18-2008, 03:54 PM
murfysflaw
Wallflower
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I do think the right color mats look better, but I decided to go black mats w/ cashmere lettering (Carrera 4) and it looks great! I didn't want to worry about the stains and stuff on the lighter colored mats, but it takes some getting used to.
Old 07-18-2008, 04:08 PM
Luus
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Curious to see what they come up with as I am ready to order a pair of mats and also have Cashmere. Might just go with porsche oem if Lloyds doesn;t have a close match. be sure to report back..
Old 07-18-2008, 04:18 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Just out of curiosity, it is possible that the carpets have faded due to UV and/or cleanings?
Is it possible to verify with PCNA (perhaps via a CoA phone call) what the interior carpet color/mats were coded at time of mfg?

FWIW, I like the 'deviated look'. I just ordered blue OEM mats from Sunset for the wife's Targa...yes, she actually is driving it.... grey carpet, but the interior is deviated blue/grey, looks nice.
Old 07-18-2008, 04:29 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
Just out of curiosity, it is possible that the carpets have faded due to UV and/or cleanings?
Is it possible to verify with PCNA (perhaps via a CoA phone call) what the interior carpet color/mats were coded at time of mfg?

FWIW, I like the 'deviated look'. I just ordered blue OEM mats from Sunset for the wife's Targa...yes, she actually is driving it.... grey carpet, but the interior is deviated blue/grey, looks nice.
I don't think they've faded because the area under the mat is the same color as the "exposed" area of the carpet.

I have the CoA for my car, but there is only a single OEM mat produced for the 993's--"beige"-- regardless of the code or exact (Porsche) color description, so I don't think the coding helps to find the match. (And, Lloyds, surprisingly, doesn't seem to even try to match...The color it designates as "cashmere" is nothing close to the Porsche cashmere in the 993. The "antelope" which I originally ordered is the best I've seen, but only because it matches the seats (but not the carpet).

Last, I can see the appeal of deviated color, but I just prefer the look of the matched carpeting.

P.S. I'm glad to hear that there has not been an occurrence of the "968 incident."
Old 07-30-2008, 11:35 AM
rome
Rennlist Member

After living with the Lloyds "cashmere" colored mats for a couple of weeks, and comparing them against the original OEM mats which Porsche installed in the car (and after gettingmy wife's opinion on the subject)--I have concluded that the Lloyd's cashmere actually IS a good match and, most importantly(to me) is in keeping with what Porsche originally designed for the car. I suspect this is why Lloyds did their cashmere color this way--so it would be consistent with the original OEM mats.

It's somewhat darker than the carpet at most angles, but somehow the color does work, especially as it contrasts to the seats and door panels.

I'll try to put up some pics at some point, but for those who are interested there is an '89 Turbo on the RPM website that appears to have the slightly darker "cashmere" mats and you can see the contrast...but also see that (at least to my eye) it works.

So, to sum up...if your interior is cashmere, go for the "cashmere" Lloyds.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:18 PM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go with black mats...the two-tone theme works well with cashmere interiors
Old 07-30-2008, 02:03 PM
bill930p
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If there is someone local to you that is a Lloyd dealer, they should have a full set of color samples. Just take your car there and have them match it up.

If not, I have an account with them, I could compare it to the color samples i have, but, you would have to send me one of your rear matsor something.

They have quite a few shades that are close.

Quick Reply: Lloyds Mats-- Color to match cashmere