daschild hood liner

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 08:29 PM
tonyarcur
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default daschild hood liner

Hi Everyone:
I received my daschild hood liner today. Fits great and looks great but now I guess because of the added weight the hood will not stay up so it looks like I'll be replacing the hood struts. Also before you install the liner don't forget to remove your option code sticker and replace it onto the liner. Mine came off without any trouble but if it is a little difficult to remove you could coax if off with a hair dryer. Tony
Old 07-11-2008, 08:51 PM
md11plt
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can you take the liner off once it has been installed?
Old 07-11-2008, 09:32 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tonyarcur
Hi Everyone:
Also before you install the liner don't forget to remove your option code sticker and replace it onto the liner.

hmmm... I won't be removing the sticker... I thought this liner was help on with clips of some sort?
It doesn't use a double stick tape or anything, right?

edit: I answered my own question: https://rennlist.com/forums/showpost...9&postcount=36
Personally, I'd rather keep the options sticker where it is. Not sure why... just seems "right"

Wow, you got yours quick Tony!
Old 07-11-2008, 09:35 PM
AX993
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

MarkD
I think (hope) you're right, its held on by plastic clips that attach thru the "schild" to slots on the bracing on the underside of the hood. I believe Tony was talking about a factory sticker that was on the underside of his hood, that he moved onto the "schild" so he could still see it.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:42 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by glenn '88 944S
MarkD
I think (hope) you're right, its held on by plastic clips that attach thru the "schild" to slots on the bracing on the underside of the hood. I believe Tony was talking about a factory sticker that was on the underside of his hood, that he moved onto the "schild" so he could still see it.
yep, I was only concerned that I would be required to move the sticker... don't want to do that Looks like it will be OK.
Old 07-11-2008, 10:10 PM
tonyarcur
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default daschild hood liner

Hi Everyone:
The liner is held on by plastic tabs that have threads on them. Once they are installed they are very difficult to remove without damaging the plastic tab. They most likely would have to be replaced. The only reason I mentioned repositioning the option sticker was in the event you needed to access (see) the sticker you would have to pop some of the tabs off thus damaging the tabs and have to replace them. Just my 2 cents worth. Tony
Old 07-11-2008, 10:18 PM
AX993
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Hmm, I'll have to think about the sticker thing I guess. Or get some spare clips/tabs. I'm am jealous that Tony already has his, I'm gonna have to wait until the 15th for mine. But I'm all the way on the other side of the country.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:04 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

I would leave the sticker where it is, rather take a picture of it for future reference. Or, as I did when getting my first 993 home, memorize them
Old 07-11-2008, 11:05 PM
fb47243
Too Old To Remember My First Time
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why not just take a nice digital picture of the option code sticker, print it on some Avery or similar self adhesive paper and place that on the liner?
Old 07-12-2008, 01:32 AM
Lidliner
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 47 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Das SCHILD hood liner

Hey guys, we have a saying... if your car needs new deck lid shocks with the schild part, it needs it without.

Let's face it, if you, or the previous owner of your 1974 - 1998 911 has not replaced the deck lid shocks on your front and or rear deck lid, you will need to, due to the simple fact that they wear over time. How many of you are carrying some sort of stick in your cargo hold to prop up your lid? I have met a bunch of you.

We try to point this out at the beginning of a GB. The following link: http://www.dasschild.com/shocks.htm will take you directly to our shock order page.
If enough of you want to get a GB going on the schocks, I'll see if we can get the same, or close to the same discount on the deck lid shocks. I have replaced factory shocks with the Weltmiester brand. They are a quality product!

You won't be able to install them as easily as the schild part, but I think most of you should be able to do it in an hour or so.
Attached Images  

Lid Liner Corp.
jim@lidliner.com
800-933-3375
813-371-0161
Old 07-12-2008, 01:46 AM
Lidliner
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 47 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Deck lid label

I think most of us, or our mechanics will use the label for paint code info more than anything else. The paint code is on the label and also on some models, in the cars book, see pic.

The number is usually four digits long and starts with an "L" or it is three digits long. It contains letters and or numbers. Pretty easy to jot down or put in your book if it's not already there.

If for some unfortunate reason your car finds itself at the body shop (Hopefully not for dents to your deck lid) hehe, The body shop knows how to remove the push clips without damaging the part, the clip or the lid. We can do a GB on the tool that removes this type of clip also? Maybe we'll send the tool with an extra set of clips just in case.

The GB will close Monday, most parts have been shipped. Guys have a great weekend!

SCHILD
Attached Images  
Old 07-14-2008, 10:10 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Mine came today, and I had it on within about 5 minutes. Here are before and after shots.

To me, the black coordinates with the black finish inside the trunk, so I see no reason to pay a lot more for matching the color of the liner to the car color.

Last edited by KeninBlaine; 01-07-2009 at 02:52 PM.
Old 07-16-2008, 01:35 PM
md11plt
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just got mine. Thanks, Jim.

As for the "clips", they are readily available from most any autoparts store. They are the same thing used to attach door panels etc.

Quick Reply: daschild hood liner