Uk price for private sale?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 07:00 PM
gchristofi
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Uk price for private sale?

Hello all
just popping in from the 964 forum to get your opinions for a realistic market price for the following. It would be a private sale.

993 coupe tiptronic, dark blue, grey leather, 94k miles, fpsh up to 2004, last service was 10k miles ago but mid 2005...

Interior 7/10 a few signs of wear as is common on lighter leathers
exterior 7/10 usual city door opening wounds on both side.... probably can be removed with paintless dent removal systems.

Sorry, haven't got any pics...

What do you all think is about right ££££ wise?
Old 07-10-2008, 10:16 PM
shamrock
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A bit less than £20k I'd say , if there's not much that needs to be done.
Depends a lot on whether the owner has just serviced the car or actually looked after it .. A lot of little jobs that may need to be done could add up to ££££ pretty quickly..
-Is the A/C working?
-Is the oil cooler resistor blown?
-How are the door stops?
-Any squeaks from the windscreen?
-Clutch/brakes/discs/tyres?
-heat shields rusted to nothing?
-Squeaky suspension.. Or has it been renewed?
-Leak down test on engine?
-rust showing under the front or rear windscreens?
-Are the rear bumper supports shot?

Get Peter Morgan to do a proper PPI , and use the results to either knock the price further , or decide the car is in good enough nick to give the owner his asking price.

Hope that's not all too negative ! ..
Old 07-10-2008, 10:17 PM
Howdy993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Are you buying or selling? Mid to Upper $30K USD?? (FWIW I bombed guessing a low miles 993 TT @ 65K )
Old 07-11-2008, 07:19 AM
gchristofi
Racer

Hi guys
Thanks for the replies.
Howdy993, as a buyer we wish the UK market resembled the US and vice versa ..... ;-)

Shamrock, thanks for the pointers, will check all those. I have an option to buy at approx £14k so will do the homework and see how that looks. I think it's probably a good price from a mate!
Cheers
Greg
Old 07-11-2008, 08:00 AM
LanCat
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

14k sounds cheap. I'd check it's not a Cat C or Cat D first of all. A check by one of the independents would be next. If that's all good then it sounds like you have some scope to spend a bit on it and still end up ok.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:04 AM
Caveman
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

£14k sounds dirt cheap. Do especially check for any signs of rust around front or rear screen or both as that costs a few quid to put right... Also those dings on a modern car are relatively easy to pop out whereas our recycled Panzer metal cars might be a bit harder to handle... I would be a bit concerned that the owner did not want to spend a few quid at least chnging the oild and getting the car checked each year.... Good luck!
Old 07-11-2008, 12:52 PM
gchristofi
Racer

Hi guys.... yes it is cheap I think and not on the register. Like I say, this is a mate offering me mates rates.....

Caveman, hear what your saying re: the dent removal.... in fact does anyone here have any experiences of using such systems on their pcar???
Old 07-11-2008, 01:09 PM
shamrock
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A friend of mine just got a dent on the wing of his 4S popped... He was very happy with the job . The guy is based in Belfast , so probabaly no good for you , but it can be done.
The offering price for your 993 is very very cheap .. If he's a good mate and you know he's not screwing with you then get a ppi and go for it! Even if the car needs £4-5k of work done , you'd probably still get your money back , and you'd know for sure you had a top drawer 993 once the work was done..

Depending on where you're based and how far you could travel with the car , it would be worth looking at taking the car to Hartech in Bolton . Barry Hart will do a full engineering report on the car , and then could sort anything that showed up. His rates seem to be very compeditive , I'm planning on bringing my 993 over to him in September to put it on his 'lifetime warranty plan'. I've no affiliation , but a mate bought a 993 from him and I was really impressed at how well the car was prepped. I think his website is www.hartech.org
Old 07-12-2008, 06:26 AM
Caveman
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

No experience myself but the metal does seem thicker than newer cars and hence would, presumably, be trickier plus we have some lovely, complex curves...
Old 07-12-2008, 07:42 AM
ppashley
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd say about 18k gbp.
I'd also agree its a price from a mate. That said, get a PPI. As you know these lovely machines can suck up 5k gbp fairly quickly in maintenance.

Presume its been garaged?

Also - you sure you want a tip?

Phil
Old 07-12-2008, 07:08 PM
gchristofi
Racer

Appreciate all the info and pointers..... not sure that I want a tip.... but don't want to start that discussion here!!!!

Was even considering selling on at a (shared) profit as I have the time an inclination to do so. Still enjoying my manual 964 even with an engine rebuild looming.

Quick Reply: Uk price for private sale?