Sponsored by: DashLynx

Help: hard to start engine.

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 10:05 AM
jaholmes
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help: hard to start engine.

I recently dropped my engine and did a bunch of work. Now that the motor is in it's hard to start the car. It will turn over but takes a while to catch and fire up. I sometimes have to give it a little gas to get it going but then it's too much fuel. I think it should fire right up, so something is missing. Once the car starts it runs just fine. No loss of power.

Could it be fuel related. I did replace the fuel filter and had the injectors cleaned.

Could it be ignition related. I did replace plugs, plug wires and all the distributor parts, including the distributor belt.

When I did the LWFW I did adjust the speed sensor. Not sure what else.

Thanks,
Old 05-27-2008, 10:59 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 98 Likes on 50 Posts

Was the flywheel reference sensor out of spec (1mm)? I always check them upon LWF installs, but have never had to adjust them, luckily.

Double check the arrow on the fuel filter is pointing down stream ( I am not sure if its possible to install backwards??)

Just a few thoughts.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:36 PM
jaholmes
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chirs,
I did re-gap the sensor at 040mm but now I think that may be do tight? I thought that you may have suggested 040. I don't think you can install the fuel filter backwards, they are different sized nuts.

I may add to the other erics thread. about the sensor.

Quick Reply: Help: hard to start engine.