Sponsored by:

Partsheaven Concours & Swap Meet June 1st

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 04:40 PM
allill
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nels415
Jeff, I was thinking about checking it out, what time you headin' down?

-nelson
I'm probably going to head out at 7:30 and do the wash-n-shine thing. If you're down to head out let me know.

Anybody else doing the wash-n-shine?
Old 05-31-2008, 04:47 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by allill
I'm probably going to head out at 7:30 and do the wash-n-shine thing. If you're down to head out let me know.

Anybody else doing the wash-n-shine?
I was going to do wash/shine but it looks like Darin (FisterD) is going to do some business and I think I will too. Sooo... we will be there before the crack of dawn. <-- Many coffees
See ya there Jeff!
Old 05-31-2008, 05:00 PM
allill
Drifting

Originally Posted by MarkD
I was going to do wash/shine but it looks like Darin (FisterD) is going to do some business and I think I will too. Sooo... we will be there before the crack of dawn. <-- Many coffees
See ya there Jeff!
Cool Mark, I will see you there!
Old 05-31-2008, 05:12 PM
allill
Drifting

Originally Posted by CAHRERA
Anyone Planning on going to the Partsheaven Concours & Swap Meet on June
1st? I hope to see a good number of 993s there.

http://www.partsheaven.com
Yo Scott, did you make this gif? It almost makes me not want to go!!!

ouch

Sorry to jack it from the partsheaven site.
Old 05-31-2008, 05:33 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm ready to do the wash......2 delivery trucks down, 1 wife's BMW just done........but no way for any shine. Probably have a First Choice Vending hat or shirt on, for those of you who I've not met.
Old 06-01-2008, 04:21 AM
CAHRERA
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Yo Jeff,

You know you should be cleaning those wheel wells instead of being online and hangout here on rennlist.

Doh!
Old 06-01-2008, 04:35 AM
nels415
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll be down there, but don't think I can do 7:30.

-nelson
Old 06-01-2008, 06:50 AM
allill
Drifting

Originally Posted by CAHRERA
Yo Jeff,

You know you should be cleaning those wheel wells instead of being online and hangout here on rennlist.

Doh!
Dude, I got home like at 1 am and cleaned my windows, no way I can do the wheel wells- I may not even be able to get up in the morning! I hope Dawn can get up too!
Old 06-01-2008, 06:51 AM
allill
Drifting

Originally Posted by nels415
I'll be down there, but don't think I can do 7:30.

-nelson
I hope I can do 7:30!
Old 06-02-2008, 12:39 PM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 25 Posts

Awesome event! I had a great time....nice to see some old friends and meet a bunch of new ones. Picked up a lot of great posters for the shop. Thanks for the heads-up on this Scott. Jeff, how did you do in the wash-n-shine?
Old 06-02-2008, 12:45 PM
CAHRERA
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Hey Darrin,

It was great to finally meet you and re-meet MarkD. That was too funny finding out that Mark and I work for the same company and know a lot of the same folks. I'll definitely be coming up to see you to do my Stage II Fister exhaust. I'll let Jeff tell you how he did in the Wash-n-shine.
Old 06-02-2008, 12:56 PM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 25 Posts

Sounds good, Scott. Be sure and bring the outlet pipes that were cut off of your mufflers. we can get them back on, and get you into some "removable" wide ovals, so you can get them off easier for servicing. Do you have the sealing rings too?
Old 06-02-2008, 01:02 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Hey! Yup, really funny Scott. Small, small world... Your car was looking great, so was Jeff's. I had hoped to meet a few more RLers but time went by really fast. Some very nice cars on show. I could have spent all day at just that part of the event but things were kinda busy at the swap meet side.
All in all, a lot of fun. Thanks for the heads up Scott!

I have a few quick pics I took but won't be able to get them posted until late tomorrow or the next day. Out of town for a day or 2.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:46 PM
allill
Drifting

It was great to see all you guys again, I met some cool new folks too. Dawn and I were going to take the walk over to see Darin and Mark but you guys were like a mile away! This event is cool as hell, they close down a whole street! I wish I got to wander around more, I was stuck in the concours most of the morning waiting for judging. I heard a lot of Porsches pulling in and out of the other lots, just wish I got to see them all!

Yo Scott, where were you when the awards were given out? I saw you in the begining of it but you disappeared and came back right after I got FIRST PLACE in the wash and shine?! 195 points, should've been 197 but I didn't have a fire extinguisher nor a PCA card which are worth a point each.

Here are some photos of the other cars in the concours. Man, all of these cars were super clean until I drooled on them!

Dawn was drooling for this speedster all day- kept referring to 90210.

The cars on display were all amazing & I am glad to know that there are poeple with the same obsessive compulsive disorder that I have- some worse Next time we need more Rennlisters to show up! I can count how many of us from the 993 board were there- Nelson, Dan, Scott, Mark, Darin & myself.

Edit: Ken was there too!

Last edited by allill; 06-02-2008 at 11:17 PM.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:53 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by allill
It was great to see all you guys again, I met some cool new folks too. Dawn and I were going to take the walk over to see Darin and Mark but you guys were like a mile away! This event is cool as hell, they close down a whole street! I wish I got to wander around more, I was stuck in the concours most of the morning waiting for judging. I heard a lot of Porsches pulling in and out of the other lots, just wish I got to see them all!

Yo Scott, where were you when the awards were given out? I saw you in the begining of it but you disappeared and came back right after I got FIRST PLACE in the wash and shine?! 195 points, should've been 197 but I didn't have a fire extinguisher nor a PCA card which are worth a point each.
wow, congrats on first place Jeff. Sweet...
Your car was definitely clean!

A mile away? Ha! I came down your way 3 times
It was a lonnnng walk...
So, when is the next event like this in the Bay Area?

Quick Reply: Partsheaven Concours & Swap Meet June 1st