Sponsored by:

A/C VACUUM QUESTION

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 08:45 PM
duane33
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C VACUUM QUESTION

Hello, This is my first post on this forum. I have a 1996 c2 coupe and my a/c will not blow through the center vents? The Blower and entire unit seems to be working properly, but as soon as I hit the a/c button the center vents cut off and I hear a vacuum wine coming from the by pass flapper valve. Any body had this problem or knows how and where the vacuum lines run? I can manually apply vacuum to the line and the vents open up, just not sure what needs to be replaced? Or how to trace the lines. Any help would be appreciated!
Old 05-24-2008, 09:50 PM
quasr
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here are a couple places to start. I believe the vacumn servo for the recirculate is located just behind the climate control unit and is accessed from the passenger compartment. The others are located in the front boot under a plastic panel. Best of luck.

http://p-car.com/diy/acdiag.html

This one is on the 964 but I believe will apply.

http://www.porsche964.co.uk/
Old 05-24-2008, 09:58 PM
quasr
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually, the best posting would be found by searching Recirculating Air in the 993/air cooled section. You would have to join to conduct the search. I am unable to post a link. The posting shows photos of where the vacumn lines are and gives you easy diagnostics. Believe me when I say joining and using this forum will be the best thing you could do. Great people here with lots of experience.
Old 05-25-2008, 12:43 PM
duane33
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

thanks for the info, I will register today!

Quick Reply: A/C VACUUM QUESTION