Sponsored by:

Sold my 993 to buyer in Norway

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 08:01 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

You guys dont have to do this but if an issue comes up within the first 30 days of new ownership, you might keep a couple hundred for a good faith deposit on a repair.
I think if the guy buys the car sight unseen and doesnt get a PPI then its just goodwill on your part.
You dont have to, but I did. But I didnt think about it till after it happened and I felt guilty about it so I paid for part of the repair that happened right after he got it. I told my buyer it was mechanically sound, and it had a problem.
You dont have to no one will ever know.
Old 05-18-2008, 11:46 PM
2Many Cars
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I did the same thing once. I sold a car (not a Pcar) that had unknown problems I knew nothing about. After a brief and very civilized discussion with the buyer and we agreed to split the repair cost. Do unto others...
Old 05-19-2008, 09:43 AM
Kcreager1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Minne was on autotrader when the guy in France picked up on it. I did not advertise anywhere else. He was very knowledgable and asked all of the correct questions. He said that he was buying for his girlfriend, but his email was porschemotors@gmail.com......so I think he is reselling - no matter to me though, full price is full price

Quick Reply: Sold my 993 to buyer in Norway