Floor Mat Color

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 08:51 AM
murfysflaw
Wallflower
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Floor Mat Color

The interior of my cab is cashmere and I need to get new floormats. I was planning on doing cashmere to match, but I got to thinking black may be more practical. The other interior bits... dash, etc., are black, so it wouldn't be that out of place. I guess I'm wondering if anyone has pics of a cashmere interior w/ black floormats... would love to see it before I order.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:58 AM
bcoupe968
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not a 993 but my 968 with cashmere so you still get a color idea

I put the black mats in because I think it gave a nice contrast to the interior and balanced it out with the black dash on top which would be the same as in the 993.... and then the black on the bottom as the mats.

Old 05-15-2008, 12:04 PM
murfysflaw
Wallflower
Rennlist Member

Thanks. I think black it is.
Old 05-15-2008, 01:34 PM
The Brewmeister
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

If you plan on adding embroidered graphics to the mats pick a thread color that is close to cashmere.
That will help pull the whole look together. Good grief! I'm sounding like my wife!
Old 05-15-2008, 02:31 PM
murfysflaw
Wallflower
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by The Brewmeister
If you plan on adding embroidered graphics to the mats pick a thread color that is close to cashmere.
That will help pull the whole look together. Good grief! I'm sounding like my wife!
That's funny because my wife and I get into those discussions all the time. She asks me what I think about some curtains, or a color on the wall, or whatever. I always tell her I really don't care as long as it isn't purple, and it makes her mad. So I asked her what she thought about the floor mats last night since that's her area (at least color coordinating things) and she told me she had no idea... wasn't her area of expertise.

I was thinking about going w/ red lettering since the car is Guards, but cashmere may look good.

I was about to order from Automotion, but the script I wanted doesn't seem available in the 2 or 4 piece ones with a single line. Only available with the double line and I don't think
PORSCHE
Carrera 4

will look right. Maybe the PORSCHE in red and the Carrera 4 in cashmere or vice-versa. Hmmm...
Old 05-16-2008, 10:45 AM
DB_NC_95C2
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

I want to do the same thing, I have cashmere interior with black dash and the cashmere mats that came with the car are getting a bit worn and I had thought Lloyds black is the way to go, BUT the online retailers I've found only show script logos. Are there black LLoyds available with embroidered full-color Porsche crest ?
Old 05-16-2008, 11:00 AM
H.H.Chinn
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I found these on EBay, no affiliation here's the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PORSC...spagenameZWDVW

If anyone here orders a set of these mats, please report back to their quality etc.
Attached Images  
Old 05-19-2008, 11:11 PM
DB_NC_95C2
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by H.H.Chinn
I found these on EBay, no affiliation here's the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PORSC...spagenameZWDVW

If anyone here orders a set of these mats, please report back to their quality etc.
That's ironic. I have the rear deck mat that the same guy sells :

I had bought it for my '83 SC that was totalled, and kept it to put in the cashmere interior 993, and it works well, since the rear deck in the 993 is black. I have no clue where I bought it, that was 3 years ago. It's not a PERFECT fit for a 993, but it will do.

The embroidery on my deck mat looks exactly (i.e. no "STUTTGART") like
the one in this picture, so I think I'll take a shot at his black/crest floor mats.
If they're the same quality as the deck mat they'll be worth getting, since Lloyd mats can only be found with script embroidery.

Thanks! I'll report back on the floormats. The guy has pretty good feedback (I was looking for the Porsche buyers)
Old 05-19-2008, 11:56 PM
The Brewmeister
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Is the crest embroidered in place or is it a sewn on patch?
Old 05-20-2008, 07:12 AM
DB_NC_95C2
Rennlist Member

Is the crest embroidered in place or is it a sewn on patch?
On the deck mat I got (not sure if this guy's is the exact same one) it's embroidered.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:43 AM
WHB Porsche
I'm Still Jenny
Rennlist Member

Don't do that! I have black mats in my cashmere car with cashmere "turbo" embroidery. It just looks like white embroidery that got filthy. Then again, I don't think the stitching matches exactly, so that could be it as well. If you can't get a perfect match, I would go with red. Even if you can get a perfect match, I don't know that it would look "right."
Old 06-03-2008, 10:04 PM
DB_NC_95C2
Rennlist Member

I just got these mats today:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ayphotohosting

They appear to be made by the same manufacturer/process as my rear seat folded-down black mat.
They are good quality, a decent, but not perfect fit, and look stunning in the car.

My camera takes crap flash pics, but here's one anyway:
Attached Images  
Old 06-03-2008, 11:29 PM
verboten
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go old school with black/tan coco mats @ cocomats.com. No affiliation, blah, blah, blah.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:57 AM
murfysflaw
Wallflower
Rennlist Member

I ordered the black w/ a tan/cashmere Carrera 4 script on it. When I get my car back from the shop, I'll put them in and take some pics.

Quick Reply: Floor Mat Color