993 Forum 1995-1998

SCAM on cars.com

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 01:08 PM
kiesan
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gr8nine93
Kiesan: I live in ORegon and stick to the West coast. I have always found the car I wanted within two hours by air. WHat happened to you is the kind of thing that makes one want to send Guido over to the sellers place!
Yeah I agree, local is best. I tell you though, up here in La-La land (Seattle) sellers get full pop for whatever they have for sale, no matter the item as compared to other parts of the country. Not that I have a problem with that. Heck I am one of those sellers!

When I'm in the market for a car, I'm ready to go wherever like RIGHT NOW for the right deal if it presents itself. A couple years ago my phone rang, it was a friend in Illinois who knew a small rural bank manager. They had just gotten a nice 964 C2 on voluntary repo, and all they wanted was what the loan payoff was, $18k. I was on a plane the next day!

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?t=305479

When I wanted a VW Eurovan for my shop vehicle, I looked everywhere in Seattle. $12k and up for for a used-up '99 model in 2006. In Columbia, Missouri they are $6k! One plane trip and 2 days later I'm back with my van.

I've done the plane ride and drive home so many times I lost count. This is the first time I flew home instead of drove. Oh well!

Quick Reply: SCAM on cars.com