Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fender structure near headlight, Paintless Dent removal, Bill Verburg bumper remove

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 09:02 PM
fnckr
Rennlist Member

Received 200 Likes on 118 Posts
Default Fender structure near headlight, Paintless Dent removal, Bill Verburg bumper remove

Jessica (my car) has a ding/dent in the "tearduct" spot of the drivers fender. I'm trying to find a way to access it to see if it's possible to have it removed with Paintless Dent Removal. I don't know what the area looks like since I've never had the cover off.

I'm hoping that some tool can get in there and that a highly skilled guy can push it back. Just want to know if the area is folded over sheet metal, or boxed in.

Posting some of Bill Verburg's pics for reference. I will remove if you mind.

Jessica's Ding

Bill's car with circle of location of my ding.

See the opposite fender, same circled area, looks folded over or boxed. Can the top sheet metal, where the ding is, be accessed from underneath? Or is there a bottom, boxed portion there. If it is "boxed" I can access the ding area from the circled hole next to the headlight...I think?

That same edge from underneath. Is that edge just folded over, or is there a bottom layer forming a box there?

Last edited by fnckr; 05-07-2008 at 08:11 AM.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:23 AM
fnckr
Rennlist Member

Received 200 Likes on 118 Posts

Does anyone who's done the bumperette shave remember what the fender looks like?

Quick Reply: Fender structure near headlight, Paintless Dent removal, Bill Verburg bumper remove