Sponsored by:

Where to go in Hong Kong

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 09:23 PM
sydneymark
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to go in Hong Kong

Next week I am going through HK to Beijing and on to Ulan Bator on business.

Could a HK Rlister let me know where to look at P car accessories ...would also like to see what prices are like for 993 or 996 GT3 ...as you guys drive on the correct side of the road

I will be staying in TST area so any advice on where dealers are would be great ...hope I have enough time !!!

appreciate if you pm me through the site
Old 05-01-2008, 04:47 AM
Alan993S
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some of the other guys might be able to point you in the right direction, but i think you will struggle to find stuff readily available, since most of it is imported.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:52 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Continental Motorsports in Kwun Tong is the distributor for Gemballa and has other stuff; Techart stuff is available from Top Wealth Motors in Hung Hom but I think they are a parallel importer. Both of them are on Kowloon side so relatively short taxi ride from TST. Porsche dealer for parts/service is in Cheung Sha Wan and Chai Wan but car dealer is in Causeway Bay. Road&Track can also get parts for you with advance notice - they are a speed/repair/race shop so don't really carry inventory.

Any thing in particular you are looking for?
Old 05-01-2008, 11:19 AM
ddsiu
Instructor

cant help much with the P-car shops, but if you are interested in my list of must go to restaurants in HK...please send me a PM. Have a good time here in HK!
Old 05-01-2008, 02:58 PM
H.H.Chinn
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

During my last trip to HK I did stop by the dealership in Causeway Bay, it's down the street from the Excelsior Hotel. I did stumble upon a small speed suspension shop near Causeway Bay that had a couple of 993 and 997 in it.
I didn't expect to find much P-car stuff there, not even any copy stuff at any of the markets in Kowloon.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:33 PM
TargaTango
Racer

I would echo what is said above about accessories. Shops do not keep much Porsche accessories in stock but will import from Europe and the US on an order basis. If you go to the outlets mentioned above you will not see much. A visit would only be warranted if you wanted to make some inquiries and relationships. As to looking for Porsches you could try the car market in the basement of the public car park next to the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Wan Chai [Hong Kong Island side]. There use to be another car market in Kowloon Bay but I think it has moved. Enjoy your trip.
Old 05-02-2008, 01:02 AM
sydneymark
Advanced

Thanks guys ...I was going to look at how 993 or 911 prices compare to the over inflated prices we pay here for P cars ..even with the A$ being so high ...over HK$7 to the A$ ...

Might just see an old friend and get that Lange and Sonhe watch I have been after !!
Old 05-02-2008, 01:11 AM
TargaTango
Racer

Might just see an old friend and get that Lange and Sonhe watch I have been after !!

Hmmm. I have had 2 Lange's. the first was the Lange 1. After a year it was running a little too fast so it went back to the factory - I could not find anyone to service it in HK. It came back 3 months later fixed but with 2 added bonuses: play in the crown and an off centered face. Despite 2 additional trips back to the factory, they could not fix the paly in the crown, so I sold it. My other, a blue faced 1815 is a watch I love, but is now running irratically. I dread having to send it to Germany.
Old 05-02-2008, 03:48 AM
H.H.Chinn
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

If you like the look of aviation guage faces, check out Bell & Ross watches.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:47 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TargaTango
.....As to looking for Porsches you could try the car market in the basement of the public car park next to the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Wan Chai [Hong Kong Island side]. There use to be another car market in Kowloon Bay but I think it has moved. Enjoy your trip.
I think you are referring to the one at the Trade Exhibition Center in Kowloon Bay.....still there last time I checked.
Old 05-02-2008, 08:55 AM
sydneymark
Advanced

Originally Posted by TargaTango

Hmmm. I have had 2 Lange's. the first was the Lange 1. After a year it was running a little too fast so it went back to the factory - I could not find anyone to service it in HK. It came back 3 months later fixed but with 2 added bonuses: play in the crown and an off centered face. Despite 2 additional trips back to the factory, they could not fix the paly in the crown, so I sold it. My other, a blue faced 1815 is a watch I love, but is now running irratically. I dread having to send it to Germany.
Thanks guys ...Chris the Lange qualty assurance is normally pretty good even after Richemont took them over.

I have a pre vendome (Richemont) Panerai (and 4 other early models) that I fear taking to Richemont service centre ...as they have incresed so much in value (not why I bought them)

I am after a Richard Lange which I thought of buying last year in HK at a TST dealer as I have a few mates in HK who are long time collectors and the discount was better than I could get in Singapore ..
Old 05-02-2008, 09:48 AM
Alan993S
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sydneymark
Thanks guys ...I was going to look at how 993 or 911 prices compare to the over inflated prices we pay here for P cars ..even with the A$ being so high
thats excellent news ......... (for me). i am moving to Perth in three months time and will be taking my 993 c2s with me.....

Quick Reply: Where to go in Hong Kong