Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Victory Motorcars- A positive influence?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 12:39 PM
mdonline
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Truant: how was your car? I am looking at a car from Victory. Should I do it?
Old 07-25-2009, 01:26 PM
helmet155
Pro

Originally Posted by mdonline
Truant: how was your car? I am looking at a car from Victory. Should I do it?
Get an independent PPI...and fly out yourself and check it out...flights are cheap to Houston.
Old 07-25-2009, 08:01 PM
Warpig
Pro

A PPI helps even the playing field with dealers and purchasers. It gives the CAR a voice in the transaction. I purchased my 993 after a body PPI & a engine/mechanical PPI. I was willing to accept the list of things that are not perfect about the car when compared to the price the dealer wanted for the car. The car is what the car is. The PPI lets the car help tell you what the car is. I would purchase a car from ANY dealer with a PPI so long as I was willing to deal with the issues turned up during the inspection vs agreed price and I found nothing during my due diligence research that tells me not to buy that car. I would however not buy I car from a dealer that I could prove was not being ethical. If I caught them in a lie... I don't care how nice the car is I'd be gone...

Nick
Old 08-02-2009, 01:58 PM
mlk118s
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have not researched recently but it seems that when I have seen negative experiences with them they usually stem either from someone not using common sense (not paying for an independent PPI) or people not asking approprate questions and having unrealistic expectations. As someone who is in the business I can tell you that most 911s I come across appear very nice but thats not my core business, as you could never find enough inventory to make it worth your time. People like Willhoit etc; having done this for 25+ years being the exception. I can also say that cars that appear as very nice does not always mean they are, and as any honest car dealer will tell you...WE don't always know what we are gettting either. We are many times safer buying from an auction and paying for them to do a Frame/Unibody/Mechanical inspection then an individual who many times will have an immaculately clean car that has lots of issues. When owners of cars (The more expensive the car-the more desprate the owner) need cash they will try and stick it to a car dealer every time. A dealer that values his reputation cannot repeatedly screw over a consumer (Especially in this Community) and remain in business. It just doesn't work. We can only do our best when buying cars to offer, (CarFax, Visual Inspection,Use whatever records are available which are harder and harder to come across anymore. With all the privacy laws getting a legitimate history on a 5 year old car of any make has gotten difficult, With a 20 year old Porsche its even harder except in rare cases.) Victory is in business to sell Air-Cooled cars of which the newest one is now 12 years old. If people spending $20,000+ on ANYTHING without an independent inspection or at least spending a couple hundered bucks to get on a plane and inspect their "dream car" in the flesh, they are silly. If the selling dealer makes a guarantee its one thing (the only way I would sell a car to someone far away-disclose anything I know and if the car was not as discribed pay for their flight home), but as far as I know Victory sells As-Is, Where Is, No Warranty. Bottom Line: Don't let great photos overcome common sense. Use your head when paying lots of money for anything. Don't blame others when you drop the ball and didn't do your homework. I have heard of many very satisfied buyers of theirs over the years, and the ones that weren't and bitch the loudest are the ones that didn't look out for themselves.

Quick Reply: Victory Motorcars- A positive influence?