Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Victory Motorcars- A positive influence?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 08:33 PM
Bearclaw
Three Wheelin'

Location: Seattle xburb - I can't see the Emerald City, but I know it's out there somewhere
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TRUANTlkn
PS: Whati is pelican?
My omission, sorry - thought you were familiar with it.
Good parts outfit, btw - no affiliation, but have always gotten good service from them. Their forum is not quite as active as Rennlist, but this should get you started:
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showt...victory+motors
Old 06-01-2008, 08:43 PM
CaptainGSR
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I was not aware that the general public could attend dealer's only auctions by paying for admission? I had to sneak in with a licensed dealer in both Florida and Texas. Maybe your state is different?

I don't rip people off for a living, if that's what you are asking. I don't mind paying for a useful service, but places like Victory are just useless to me. Why waste my time with a middle man, when I could just find the car online myself?
Old 06-01-2008, 09:04 PM
TRUANTlkn
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is the funny part. I am a Honda-Chrysler-Jeep-Dodge-Kia dealer in NC and I found it very hard to find a nice pre-owned 993TT from anyone who didn't think their car was work retail +. As for the auction comment, I go to one of the biggest dealer auctions every Tuesday and for years I cannot recall finding a single "nice" air cooled Porsche. Plenty Boxsters with ratty interiors, but no nice cars. That's why I've always bought new Porsches. They simply don't satisfy. I promise you this, it's just as hard for a dealer to find these cars as it is for an individual.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:12 PM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CaptainGSR
I was not aware that the general public could attend dealer's only auctions by paying for admission? I had to sneak in with a licensed dealer in both Florida and Texas. Maybe your state is different?

I don't rip people off for a living, if that's what you are asking. I don't mind paying for a useful service, but places like Victory are just useless to me. Why waste my time with a middle man, when I could just find the car online myself?
I guess you did not understand my statement about the price of admission. Become a car dealer!!......so are you also saying the car dealers rip off people?
once again what do you do to make a living?....other than sneak into car auctions several thousand miles from your state?
Old 06-02-2008, 02:35 AM
CaptainGSR
Rennlist Member

Yes, I am openly criticizing car dealerships with their shady business practices. Yes, I am saying that dealerships rip the majority of their customers off. They are having a ball with females and poorly educated minorities. There is nothing ethical about that.

I fly airplanes, if you must know. You don't have to be an aviation expert, nor do you have sit at a table and negociate for 3 hours to get the lowest priced ticket available. Would you enjoy spending 4 hours at a travel agency trying to buy an airline ticket? Having the agent get up every 10 minutes, asking his boss if he will approve your offer. Only to find out the next day that you paid more than somebody else!

Buying a car from most dealerships is an extremely unpleasant experience. I am glad not all businesses operate in the same manner.
Old 06-02-2008, 02:53 AM
2nd993
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My car came from Victory and it was fine.
The transportation they used was a let down. Car showed up late & dirty etc. but i'd probably buy from him again.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:13 AM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,231 Likes on 602 Posts

my friend was Victory's head mechanic until a couple of weeks ago. He left and started his own indy repair shop. His experience at VM was somewhat dissatisfying.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:34 AM
Smiles
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by eclou
my friend was Victory's head mechanic until a couple of weeks ago. He left and started his own indy repair shop. His experience at VM was somewhat dissatisfying.
I'd be curious to hear more, if discretion allows it...
Old 06-02-2008, 10:35 AM
Smiles
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TRUANTlkn
Here is the funny part. I am a Honda-Chrysler-Jeep-Dodge-Kia dealer in NC and I found it very hard to find a nice pre-owned 993TT from anyone who didn't think their car was work retail +. As for the auction comment, I go to one of the biggest dealer auctions every Tuesday and for years I cannot recall finding a single "nice" air cooled Porsche. Plenty Boxsters with ratty interiors, but no nice cars. That's why I've always bought new Porsches. They simply don't satisfy. I promise you this, it's just as hard for a dealer to find these cars as it is for an individual.
That's good to know. Thanks for posting.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:23 PM
TRUANTlkn
Intermediate

CATAIN gsr, I feel the same way about sitting on a runway for 4 hours without working bathrooms and flight attendants with attitudes, but who am I to complain ;-)
Old 06-03-2008, 05:20 AM
CaptainGSR
Rennlist Member

CATAIN gsr, I feel the same way about sitting on a runway for 4 hours without working bathrooms and flight attendants with attitudes, but who am I to complain ;-)
Point taken! That's why I ditched US carriers and now work for an asian one. I had enough of the low pay, and got tired of dealing with rude flight attendants and gate agents. I feel your pain. I try to avoid travelling on domestic carriers myself.

In the cockpit there is little we can do to avoid delays. Trust me, we are more frustrated than you can imagine. Our only goal is to run a safe and on-time operation. We put ourselves in the passengers' shoes all the time. We know the impact missing a connection can have on your job/vacation...etc... We take it very personal if we do not get the proper support from the company. In the end, we are hostages just like you. We also have deal with flight attendants and agents.

If enough people start flying on foreign carriers, I am confident we'll see significant changes in the customer service provided by most domestic airlines. As long as people keep buying tickets, I don't think things will improve.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:58 AM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainGSR
Yes, I am openly criticizing car dealerships with their shady business practices. Yes, I am saying that dealerships rip the majority of their customers off. They are having a ball with females and poorly educated minorities. There is nothing ethical about that.

I fly airplanes, if you must know. You don't have to be an aviation expert, nor do you have sit at a table and negociate for 3 hours to get the lowest priced ticket available. Would you enjoy spending 4 hours at a travel agency trying to buy an airline ticket? Having the agent get up every 10 minutes, asking his boss if he will approve your offer. Only to find out the next day that you paid more than somebody else!

Buying a car from most dealerships is an extremely unpleasant experience. I am glad not all businesses operate in the same manner.
I agree with you about the nonsense games that dealers play however I am curious how a flights' price can fluctuate hundreds of dollars over a few hour time period? I know that it is out of your control as a Pilot, but the airlines are just as guilty as price gauging as the auto industry. Have you ever looked to book a flight at 8 AM and it was $250.00 round trip and than when you go to book it just a few hours later it costs 50% more? Why is that? I don't get it....
Old 06-03-2008, 09:31 AM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JDHertz11
Have you ever looked to book a flight at 8 AM and it was $250.00 round trip and than when you go to book it just a few hours later it costs 50% more? Why is that? I don't get it....
They'll tell you that the fuel price went up 50% in a few hours...
Old 06-03-2008, 09:42 AM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 540 Likes on 407 Posts

Most jobs, services, etc are all scams. that being said some are worse than others and it is not a coincidence that car salesmen, lawyers and real estate agents have the reputation that they do.
that being said car dealers have the worst rep.
that being said there are some good car dealers.
Old 06-03-2008, 03:08 PM
TRUANTlkn
Intermediate

I am a good guy, promise. I'm still waiting to hear that my 993TT has been shippped.

Quick Reply: Victory Motorcars- A positive influence?