Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Victory Motorcars- A positive influence?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 01:36 AM
Tisibeast
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed Burdell
+1, but I guess the operative phrase is "luck", from what I've read here.

Regardless, if Robert ever comes up with the 3.2 Carrera I'm looking for, I'll have no problem doing business with him again, so long as I do my independent PPI and other due diligence beforehand.
Exactly what I did - had it sent out for indy PPI, etc. I did lots of homework and got a great deal on my car. 29k...
Old 05-02-2008, 01:37 AM
Tisibeast
Racer

Originally Posted by parsecnc4
You seem to be the exception and it is nice to know your purchase worked out well. Nice car and color!
Thanks, it is a total blast. I have an M5 as well, the 993 is so different. Fast in a light and nimble way while the M5 is fast in a 'I'll rip your throat and and scare the hell outta you" way.....
Old 06-01-2008, 04:17 PM
TRUANTlkn
Intermediate

Seriously, I am waiting for my 1996 993TT that I bought and paid for last week from Victory Motors. Shoud I be concerned? I had a great feeling about that company in dealing with them, now I'm nervous.
Old 06-01-2008, 04:25 PM
TRUANTlkn
Intermediate

Is the reputation of Victory Motors really that bad? Now I'm nervous.

I bought and paid for (sight unseen) a black/tan 993TT w/ 41k last week and am waiting for it's arrival. I figured with their selection they knew what they were doing.

What are the common stories with people buying cars from them?
Old 06-01-2008, 04:27 PM
Ag02M5
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by TRUANTlkn
Seriously, I am waiting for my 1996 993TT that I bought and paid for last week from Victory Motors. Shoud I be concerned? I had a great feeling about that company in dealing with them, now I'm nervous.
I'd get an independent PPI regardless, Victory or otherwise. I don't know of any awful feedback but they definitely do not have a great review here. Cars disappear from ebay even when reserve is met but no one knows where the car went. I personally went to look at one for sale on ebay but "it was away at the shop". They don't seem to always have the cars they claim to have. Also I noticed every single car had the leather redyed and significantly touched up. You really can't get a good feel for how the car was treated as they detail up what you can see. It is what you can't see that worries the folks here.

RT
Old 06-01-2008, 06:32 PM
Bearclaw
Three Wheelin'

Location: Seattle xburb - I can't see the Emerald City, but I know it's out there somewhere
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Is the reputation of Victory Motors really that bad? Now I'm nervous.

I bought and paid for (sight unseen) a black/tan 993TT w/ 41k last week and am waiting for it's arrival. I figured with their selection they knew what they were doing.

What are the common stories with people buying cars from them?
Do a search, here and on Pelican. All dealers can have customer service issues from time to time, but the preponderance of evidence concerning them is pretty overwhelming. Dealers often redye seats and sanitize oil leaks, but there have been accusations of old stamped service books being bought on eBay to give cars an "instant service history". If you found out that were true, could you ever trust that dealer?

On the other hand, I wouldn't get your stomach in knots just yet. If your car arrives, is exactly as you expected, and you're happy with the deal, who cares what their reputation is? In a single moment of impulse, I bought mine from a dealer (Porsche dealer - not Victory) from 2000 miles away without a PPI, and it worked out great. I wouldn't expect that to happen again though, I had PPI's on other cars and would definitely recommend that route.

Good luck, and show it off when it arrives!
Old 06-01-2008, 06:44 PM
TRUANTlkn
Intermediate

Bearclaw, I think I might be worrying myself for no reason. Besides, it's out of my control at the moment as it's paid for and there is nothing to do but wait for it to appear. I too bought on impulse. I guess after spending months "snooping around" I got tired of looking and wanted to drive one. When it arrives I'll show it off. I can't wait.
Old 06-01-2008, 06:55 PM
CarreraX
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Im sure the car will be fine. If it isnt, just try to work it out with Victory and if you have a problem you have the option to make it pulbic on rennlist and Im sure it will get solved. At this point you need to give them the benefit of the doubt. That bieng said, you should ALWAYS do a PPI. I bought my 993 w/o a full PPI and it made my life hell until the epople on Rennlist (mainly Steve from Rennsport) helped me get the car straightened out.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:17 PM
Bearclaw
Three Wheelin'

Location: Seattle xburb - I can't see the Emerald City, but I know it's out there somewhere
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CarreraX
and if you have a problem you have the option to make it pulbic on rennlist and Im sure it will get solved.
Careful with that one. There was a disgruntled buyer on Pelican who went that route - and then the threats of legal action started. But it sure made for about 10 pages of entertaining reading!!! And Victory didn't made themselves look any better with the heavy-handed response.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:59 PM
TRUANTlkn
Intermediate

I am a firm believer of the benefit of the doubt. There can always be bad situations, and if both parties keep a cool head there is no reason why they can't be worked out. I won't buy another without a full PPI, that's for sure. Silly me for not getting here earlier to learn from all of your experiences first.

Fact of the matter is that I am busting at the seams with excitement for that car to arrive. Worst case, it takes a little more $ than I had hoped to be driving the cars of my dreams.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:59 PM
TRUANTlkn
Intermediate

PS: Whati is pelican?
Old 06-01-2008, 08:09 PM
CaptainGSR
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Nowadays with internet, these used car dealerships are becoming more and more useless everyday. I wish the public had access to those dealer only auctions.
As a used car enthusiast, I don't really want to give money to a useless salesman. I'd rather pay the original owner of the car a little more.

www.pelicanparts.com They sell Porsche and BMW parts online.
Old 06-01-2008, 08:10 PM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32
Old 06-01-2008, 08:12 PM
droy3
Instructor

Another board.

www.pelicanparts.com
Old 06-01-2008, 08:17 PM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CaptainGSR
Nowadays with internet, these used car dealerships are becoming more and more useless everyday. I wish the public had access to those dealer only auctions.
As a used car enthusiast, I don't really want to give money to a useless salesman. I'd rather pay the original owner of the car a little more.

www.pelicanparts.com They sell Porsche and BMW parts online.

LOL...you do have access to those" dealer" only auctions.....pay the price of admission!

and just for the fact of in for a penny, in for a dollar............what do you do for a living?

Quick Reply: Victory Motorcars- A positive influence?