Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pricing suggestions for my 993 - real value?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 04:27 AM
FotoVeloce
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 993_Pilot
$26k sounds a bit low to me, but maybe not considering the sunroof and incomplete records. Where are you moving?
Looking more and more like Reno! Tuscon is still high on the list but I have family near Reno (CA really but closer than here), friends in Reno and I go to the Air Races EVERY year.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:28 AM
FotoVeloce
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Stealth 993
Don't sell it! The car is so nice!

Guys I have seen this car in person a few times, it's clean & looks well cared for! Start around $30k! Wish I had the $$ for it, I'd give you $26 no questions asked.
Thanks. There is even a story about the '95 SY and an odd foreshadowing event 9 years prior.. but... hm.. yeah.. tough call. This is not an easy thing to consider but the alternatives are also quite attractive (my kids are gonna kill me.. I keep thinking about this).
Old 04-29-2008, 05:15 PM
niche
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

PM sent
Old 04-29-2008, 07:57 PM
Marlon
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That sounds like a very fair price on a high mile 993. Maybe try asking 27.5 and see what happens. I think you could move it fast for 26. It's an uncommon color which I kind of like. The same car is on ebay now with about 2 hrs left...wonder how it will go for, IF it goes at all:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...229660826&rd=1

mar

Originally Posted by FotoVeloce
As much as it pains me to do this.. it's time to sell the 993 until I relocate. Money for the move will come in handy. I plan to buy a 2nd home in my new 'town' so cash and debt ratios are of my highest concern. There will be other Porsches (if this works as planned a TT will replace it).

It's a nice car. Solid. No leaks. Also has some neat little upgrades, along with one nagging problem I've never solved.

Checking local prices I'm seeing them from $42,000 for a low-miles SY to $25,000 for a higher mileage example.

I don't really want to wait for the 'prefect' buyer, I'd rather liquidate taking a little hit but I don't want to give it away either.

I'm thinking $26,000 asking. Am I crazy?

Specs.
1995 C2 Speed Yellow
109,000 (it's 108-something)
no oil leaks, ever.
under 1000 miles on new pads and rotors (all 4)
19" ??? manufacture wheels (decent rubber could use new shoes)
DACH no-cat exhuast (I have all the stock parts if wanted)
JIC-CROSS suspension system
18 TTwist wheels (no tires) will go along with it.

The sunroof has never worked. The PPI said it was the switch. $95.00 later I know that's not the case. I never missed it (I don't use it on my other cars) but it's not working and cause is unknown.

I have a lot of pics of the car. I bought it in October 2006, putting about 10,000 miles on it including a very enjoyable and trouble free drive from Seattle to Monterey, CA and back. Totally trustworthy car (my kids are going to kill me if I do end up selling).

Gallery of random photos of the car:
http://fotoveloce.smugmug.com/galler...13711142_RB9mN

It recently dyno'd at 262 HP at the rear wheels (I know dyno comparisons are pretty useless). But it runs strong.
Old 05-06-2008, 12:48 PM
FotoVeloce
Three Wheelin'

Default OK, I decided - she's for sale.

OK. She's officially on the market. I'll start at 27.5 as suggested and see where it goes from there. It pains me to do this but if I don't put some serious cash into my bank account my plans to move south before next winter will be a no-go.

Selling my house up here would likely put me in a negative equity situation so I guess I'm going to rent it out and hope I can get financed for a second pad in Nevada or Arizona.

I'll be putting an ad together later on today. And if figures, I just re-upped by Rennlist for 2 years. I'll get another PCar on the 'other side' once I know how the ledger is going to balance out with renting current property and trying to buy more. I figure now is the best time in a long time to try and pick up additional RE. Cars can be added to the mix again later.

For those that have PM'd me with interest... I'll try to get back to you this week once I've assembled a proper ad.

Anyone have suggestions on best advertising vehicles? I did AutoTrader with 2 MBZ and both just cost me $$ and collected dust. I get the most action from CL but I don't think this car fit's the CL demographic. Considered FleaBay but so many scammers and they get accounts phished so often... I'm thinking the hassle and fees are not worth it. But I'm open to any suggestions guys.

THX for all the awesome input!! I suppose I should wander over the the classified area to post the FS info.
Old 05-06-2008, 01:04 PM
ste993
Pro

I think $27.5k is a good price. I would put it on CL and keep it updated.... that's where I found mine! Good luck with the sale.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:36 PM
FotoVeloce
Three Wheelin'

Default Officially listed and for sale.

Well, I listed it this week at 26,950. I'm not sure if I'd get yelled at for posting the link here so I won't, but if anyone is interested in the AutoTrader ad, PM me.

Thanks for ALL the excellent help and feedback. I hope I priced it right, I'd like to see it get a new home while I put the money into buying a 2nd for myself.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:44 PM
VNTGSPD
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That looks like a real nice deal for someone. I agree it should be a bit higher (look what $25K in the 911 world buys and you think closer to $30 is a good number) but the market is soft right now.

Regarding the sunroof: Did you try unzipping the rear headliner and disconnecting the plug to the motor and cleaning it well. I had this issue with mine. It did not look dirty but when troubleshooting it to make sure power was making it to the motor from the switch, I disconnected the plug and tested for voltage. With everything good I reconnected it and was resolved to replace the motor until I hit the button and the sunroof moved! I cleaned the plug well and it has worked flawlessly twice per day for over a year.

Good Luck with the sale!

David
Old 06-12-2008, 02:42 PM
FotoVeloce
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by VNTGSPD
That looks like a real nice deal for someone. I agree it should be a bit higher (look what $25K in the 911 world buys and you think closer to $30 is a good number) but the market is soft right now.
yeah.. :/ I'm not going to cry if it does not sell.

Originally Posted by VNTGSPD
Regarding the sunroof: Did you try unzipping the rear headliner and disconnecting the plug to the motor and cleaning it well.
Awesome suggestion. I'll give that a run when I get home from work tonight.

Quick Reply: Pricing suggestions for my 993 - real value?