Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Offer to buy my car from France - Should I be worried?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 12:22 AM
Kcreager1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok - first deposit received - looks like the car is sold, next transfer will be full amount. I am now in the market for a 1996 or 97 turbo with less than 50K, looking for a good deal, so I may have to wait a while.....
Old 04-25-2008, 02:46 PM
SA Mike
Thank You
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kcreager1
Ok - first deposit received - looks like the car is sold, next transfer will be full amount. I am now in the market for a 1996 or 97 turbo with less than 50K, looking for a good deal, so I may have to wait a while.....

Make sure you wait for the full amount before that car goes on the truck, congrats on the sale Wire transfers only on special circumstances might go back. Someone tell me of one banking scam that invovles an incoming wire transfer, there aren't any, once that wire is in the account it would take almost an act of congress to get it back unless it went into a wrong account number by mistake and both banks agree on its return.

Last edited by SA Mike; 04-25-2008 at 03:28 PM.
Old 04-25-2008, 04:28 PM
BSL
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by SA Mike
Make sure you wait for the full amount before that car goes on the truck, congrats on the sale Wire transfers only on special circumstances might go back. Someone tell me of one banking scam that invovles an incoming wire transfer, there aren't any, once that wire is in the account it would take almost an act of congress to get it back unless it went into a wrong account number by mistake and both banks agree on its return.
+1 In a previous job we would have to tell the bank to send money back when it was accidently deposited in our account--and this was for amounts of upto EUR 20 mio or more.
Old 04-25-2008, 06:13 PM
coltj
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Toga
Be careful to secure the transfer, but it's right that the euro at 1.6 $ makes everything very attractive. At 1.8, I'll start looking to buy a cabin in Montana or Washington...:-)
Hey Toga,

The way things are going you should be able to pick up a nice "shack" in Big Sky in time for the 2008-2009 ski season!!
Old 05-09-2008, 08:42 AM
Kcreager1
Racer

Well - it is official - all of the money has been wired - recieved - posted to my bank account. The buyer has yet to discuss the timing of the shipping company coming for the car, but all in all it was a very good experience.

One thing I will mention is that the wire from France took 5-6 business days after he initated it. I assume this is now the case with the patriot act slowing things down. I have 2 offers out to other 993's now, and will keep looking. In the meantime, I have parts/upgrades to sell and will start another thread.

Thanks
Old 05-09-2008, 01:11 PM
1pcarnut
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, congrats. Always fun to start the new search. So you are comfortable the money is secure? With so many opinions on what is safe, just curious about the wire transer type of deal.

Quick Reply: Offer to buy my car from France - Should I be worried?