Sponsored by:

Air Conditioning Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 11:29 AM
iceberg
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Conditioning Question

My AC is currently not working. When I depress the AC button(s) the air steam weazes (air flow ceases) and there is no cold air. Also when I depress the recirculate button (no AC) the system weazes. I checked vacuum under the screen by the front windshield and dont have any vacuum coming from the vacuum line from the engine so I know this is part of the problem. I realize when AC is turned on it puts the system in the recir mode.

Will a lack of vacuum only cause the inside flaps not to open (thus air flow ceases) or will it also cause a lack of any cold air reaching the cabin when the AC is on? Just trying to figure out if I have more than one issue. I recently had the engine out for work, so I am thinking a hose or line was not properly reconnected. Any ideas on where to start looking for the vacuum leak in the engine bay?
Old 04-13-2008, 11:38 AM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

1st suspect (culprit) is always the sensor that covered in filt dust. Its in the left side of your a/c control panel, in that hole with slits.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:40 AM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

or check this out https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/132554-a-c-doesn-t-make-me-cool-anymore.html
Old 04-29-2008, 09:41 PM
Gregory993
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Iceberg:

I experienced the exact same symptoms with the a/c on my 97 C4S. Would you report back on what you found the culprit to be?

Regards,
Gregory

Quick Reply: Air Conditioning Question