Zennith Blue..
Originally Posted by marcuszane
Is by far the best color....

What makes you say that?
Old 04-10-2008, 08:47 PM
polaris 993 sport
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

hey V-i used to have many years ago a black euro 633 csi bmw with red interior-but it was half red half black- I loved the red(always looked clean and cool)I would get it and just tone it down in the right places- it is also my wifes favorite color-you swedes and blue-go figure
Old 04-10-2008, 09:41 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 828 Likes on 543 Posts

Originally Posted by 993Maineiac
Put on white racing stripes and people would have to salute as you drive by...
uhhhhhhhhhhh
probably not in Sweden.

cheers

Craig
Old 04-10-2008, 09:49 PM
CarreraX
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

That is a awesome car! I love it! Maybe do black carpet and seats like others have said but I think it is stunning in a traditional old school way. Go for it!!
Old 04-10-2008, 09:57 PM
ppashley
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love the blue - looks great.

I think if the price is very very good, I would get it and perhaps do some changes folks have suggested.

One other thing.... Are there some stickers missing from the engine bay? Something looks missing.
Perhaps its a US v RoW thing.

Phil
Old 04-11-2008, 06:17 AM
V
Drifting

Originally Posted by H.H.Chinn
Interesting note, the rear speaker grilles and rear view mirror are done in red, however the factory chose to keep the door speaker grilles black. Doesn't the red finish around the gauges look like the red was dyed over black with the black reading through? Wouldn't the factory wrap the dash with a pre-dyed red material instead of applying the red finish over black?
It would take some time but the red could grow on me but the gauge rings and air outlet grilles should have been left black?
I think everything on the car is factory. I believe the option code for leather wrapped instrument gauge bezels is "XF5". Apparently (as you noted) there are quite a few "exlusive" leather options in this interior..

As others have said, If the upper and lower dash would be dyed into black, and then with the CF trim in between, then maybe leaving the air vents and gauge rings in boxster red would still be a nice touch..

Any PSHP gurus in here??

Originally Posted by rkb
Is that Superman's car?

Actually, I think it looks great, but I agree with the ideas to tone down some of that red. It would look "better" with some of Marcus' CF to tone down the dash and doors, black seats/ shifter/ e-brake, and black floor mats.
Definately. CF trim would do the trick. Maybe also a 996 CF steering wheel and some black surflex.. hmm

Originally Posted by ppashley
I love the blue - looks great.

I think if the price is very very good, I would get it and perhaps do some changes folks have suggested.

One other thing.... Are there some stickers missing from the engine bay? Something looks missing.
Perhaps its a US v RoW thing.

Phil
Phil you are spot on. It's a ROW vs. US spec thing. Way more stickers in the US spec. engine compartments..

And the price is good.. It's just not THAT good yet. As I said, maybe it's worth a look and then give him a bid that I am comfortable with paying for this car given what has to be done to it to make it cool.

Thanks for the input guys.
Old 04-12-2008, 09:16 PM
ZAMIRZ
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I personally love it. In SoCal where Porsches are a dime-a-dozen and every one is a different shade of grey, silver or black, a car like this just oozes style. I would ****** this up without hesitation, even better if you can get it at a low price.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:07 PM
fast_freddy
Rennlist Member

Received 772 Likes on 416 Posts

Love the exterior. Interior.... Looks like me after two hours at the beach without sunblock.

I found a terrific 993 a few years ago in polar silver with that interior and just couldnt do it.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:28 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

I love the color. You could tone down the interior by adding some carbon fiber parts like on the 993TT S
Old 04-20-2008, 09:15 AM
V
Drifting

Default More pics

Saw the car in person today. Needs a bit of attention to the regular stuff. A/C blows cold when you hit max but does nothing when you hit the small A/C button. Gauge faces are after market. It seems all the particular red accents were glued on using some kind of vinyl wrap painted boxster red. Sport seat drivers side bolster is worn and there's a hole on the leather by the doorstep. Doorstraps need attention. Wheels are scuffed, rubbing all around needs refinishing. Don't know if the tail is stock.. It felt pretty light. Although it has the rear inner area smooth, e.g no fiber glass look.. What else.. hmm discs in the rear needs to be replaced, fairly uneven wear. uum.. Oh yeah the OBD/trip computer works but the light is dead (e.g you won't see it at night) Any idea of cost for this? Also most of the lamps lighting up the guages are dead and needs to be replaced. The car had 24.XXXmiles 4 yrs ago and now has 45.XXX miles. Current owner used it as an all year around daily driver.. Paint seems to be in good condition..

Big problem for me is my newly ordered DACH X-pipes won't work on this car because the pipe is made for Gilett and this appears to be Bishoff although it is MY'97??? Strange!! Can I still use my pipes or do I have to order new?? Chris???

Any input appreciated.. enjoy

Last edited by V; 04-05-2014 at 11:41 AM.
Old 04-20-2008, 09:30 AM
V
Drifting

I just read here: https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ACH-X+Bischoff

That you can swap the entire exhaust system to make the Gilette cat pipes work on a Bischoff system. As I would have two cars I could just swap them and be done with it . Another possibility would be to buy a pair of Gilette heat exchangers. Does anyone know roughly how much those are?

As another note looking at the pictures, I wonder why the cut the deckal under the engine lid? Could this be proof of repaint? Other than that, the paint seemed to be in overall good condition..
Old 04-20-2008, 03:12 PM
ientre9y11
Addict
Rennlist Member

I've never seen a black interior that I didn't like!

It will be a tough combination to sell.
Old 04-20-2008, 04:04 PM
V
Drifting

I think that's what the seller is experiencing right now.. My plan is to low-ball a little because of the color combo.. What you can do is surflex the upper and lower dash to black and then put CF from marcus in there along with replacing the floor mats with black mats.. that would make a huge difference already..
Old 04-20-2008, 05:32 PM
ientre9y11
Addict
Rennlist Member

Good plan. If you still think it is too red you can search out black replacement parts cheaply and change things out over time.
Old 04-21-2008, 01:50 PM
allill
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Viggo, go for it! I love that combo. The guages and vents look to be leather too!

Quick Reply: Zenith blue / Boxster red temptation...