993 Forum 1995-1998

Reno Historics . . .Anyone Going? . . . May 2nd - 4th

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 07:54 PM
993_Pilot
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Reno Historics . . .Anyone Going? . . . May 2nd - 4th

Are any of you Rennlisters going to the Reno Historics ? If so, maybe we can have a little RL gathering sometime over the weekend. This year, they are "Honoring Vasek Polak and the Great Cars of Porsche" Most of it is May 2nd - 4th, but there are a few events as early as 4/30. Post up if you are interested.

More Info Shamelessly stripped from their website:

"The Reno Historic Races delivers an exciting blend of historic production and special purpose-built racecars. The world-class historic cars are divided into groups according to make, age and horsepower. A typical representation includes racecars from prestigious manufacturers such as Ferrari, Jaguar, Porsche and Corvette that were raced in great series such as Formula One, Can-Am, and Winston Cup NASCAR type stock cars. One of the more notable features of the event is its “open paddock,” which allows spectators the opportunity to walk right up to the valued vehicles and interact with the driver and crew.

The Reno Historic Races run daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tickets cost $15 for the three-day event.. Tickets are available at the Reno-Fernley Raceway; at the National Automobile Museum, 10 S. Lake St. in Reno; and at Dynamic Motorsports, 9728 S. Virginia St. #C in Reno.

The event is a fundraiser for The National Automobile Museum (The Harrah Collection), located in downtown Reno. The National Automobile Museum is an internationally recognized museum and a nonprofit organization whose mission is to collect and preserve the automobile for future generations, and to tell the story of the impact of the automobile on American society. The 105,000 square foot museum features changing exhibits, four period street scenes, and more than 200 antique, vintage, classic and special interest vehicles ranging from 1892 to present."

Last edited by 993_Pilot; 04-11-2008 at 04:19 AM.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:24 PM
allill
Drifting

Jeff,

I am definitly interested! If I can get up there I will post it here.

-jeff
Old 04-10-2008, 01:11 AM
fullbooker
Rennlist Member

Jeff,
I'll be in Reno May 1-3 for the Rotary District 5190 Conferrence. Would love to get together. Where's this Reno Historics and when could we RLers get together?
Phil
Old 04-11-2008, 03:55 AM
993_Pilot
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by allill
Jeff,

I am definitly interested! If I can get up there I will post it here.
-jeff
Jeff,
Sounds Good, LMK. (If you need an excuse, It is about the right time of year to check on your place here and turn the sprinklers on anyways !)

Originally Posted by fullbooker
Jeff,
I'll be in Reno May 1-3 for the Rotary District 5190 Conferrence. Would love to get together. Where's this Reno Historics and when could we RLers get together?
Phil
Phil,
Click on the link in the original post, and it should give you some info, although the website is a bit weak right now. As far as Getting together, I don't know your (or anyone else's) schedule, but I am open for suggestions. Aside from trying to move in to a new house, my schedule is pretty open. I will plan on spending at least one day (Sat. or Sun.) at the track, but I also plan to attend the street parade through downtown and/or the wine walk on 4/30. I think there will also be something going on at the Harrahs Collection/National Automobile Museum downtown too.

Last edited by 993_Pilot; 04-11-2008 at 04:14 AM.
Old 04-19-2008, 06:38 PM
993_Pilot
Three Wheelin'

The PCA - Sierra Nevada Region now has a "Porsche Corral" prefered parking for PCA Members.
Old 04-19-2008, 07:23 PM
2Many Cars
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not to hijack this thread but that's the same weekend as the Legend of the Motorcycle concours in Half Moon Bay. Great drive to HMB, great venue and a great event.

http://legendofthemotorcycle.com/
Old 04-20-2008, 12:19 AM
Sprintrider
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

993_pilot

I will probably swing by on Saturday. As you mentioned there will be a number of PCA members there both visiting and racing their Porsches.

Did you get your car completed from Gilbert. I saw it at his open house about 2 months back but it looked like it was a ways from being done at the time.

See you there
Old 04-20-2008, 11:34 AM
fullbooker
Rennlist Member

Guys,
I'll try to stop by on Saturday, also. I'm looking forward to meeting all of you.
Phil
Old 04-20-2008, 07:09 PM
993_Pilot
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Sprintrider
993_pilot
. . . Did you get your car completed from Gilbert. I saw it at his open house about 2 months back but it looked like it was a ways from being done at the time. . .
It is supposed to be done by the end of the month... just in time for the Historics.

Last edited by 993_Pilot; 04-23-2008 at 11:41 PM.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:03 AM
Sprintrider
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

Looks like I will be in Chico Saturday so it will have to be Sunday for me. Hopefully some of you will be going Sunday.
Old 04-23-2008, 11:58 PM
993_Pilot
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by fullbooker
Guys,
I'll try to stop by on Saturday, also. I'm looking forward to meeting all of you.
Phil
Originally Posted by Sprintrider
Looks like I will be in Chico Saturday so it will have to be Sunday for me. Hopefully some of you will be going Sunday.

Phil & Marc,

I am going to be trying to move to my new house starting Thursday the 1st, so hopefully we will get enough done by Friday afternoon, that the wife doesn't freak out when I want to go out to the track over the weekend. All this to say that since we are keeping in casual, I will play it by ear when I will show. if I get back in town early enough, I am going to try to take my wife and kids to see the cars at the Parade downtown on Wed. 4/30 from 6 - 9 pm. Hopefully I will get the chance to meet up with both of you.

Quick Reply: Reno Historics . . .Anyone Going? . . . May 2nd - 4th