Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hey guys, check this one out

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 03:54 PM
Luus
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I keep thinking that this car looks alot like the one we discussed here several months ago. It was for sale at a specialty dealer in San Fran, I think. If I remember correctly there were two 993s that were for sale, both owned by the same guy. A rennlister bought one. But the car I am thinking about had a lot more miles on it than this one. Still, how many white '98 C2S with sunroof delete and yellow calipers and seat belts can there be?
Old 04-01-2008, 11:52 PM
mpgandco
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Luus
You are correct.The Showrom Gallery in San Jose had both.They came via tradein from a Porsche dealer in Fremont
The other one was Vesuvio and they mispriced it at $28,000 People were fighting over it.It had high miles.It went to the east coast.
The white one as I remember had the incorrect wheels.They were solid spokes,not Hollow.The car was in just fair condition.Nothing to Rave about.I looked at both in person
Old 04-01-2008, 11:56 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 102 Likes on 52 Posts

Were turbo/C4S front bumper covers standard on the 2S?
Old 04-02-2008, 12:19 AM
randc87
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 1998 C2S has the turbo bumper as standard...same as this one.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:58 AM
SM Racing
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I remember seeing this car when it was brand new, sitting center stage of the showroom of Michael Stead Porsche in Walnut Creek California. It was special ordered by a customer, who knew about the yellow trim on the Turbo S, and knew that sunroof delete made the car a little lighter (in theory anyway) and according to the salesman -had planned a clubsport type thing with the sport suspension ect. The guy that ordered it didnt end up buying it and it was one of the last 993 widebodies that was available in 98 in the area.

I always thought it should have been spec'd with Sport Seats to complete the package...

Funny....I always wondered who might have ended up with it, I kinda wanted it at the time.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:11 AM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SM Racing
I remember seeing this car when it was brand new, sitting center stage of the showroom of Michael Stead Porsche in Walnut Creek California. It was special ordered by a customer, who knew about the yellow trim on the Turbo S.
...and he paid $1,793 just to get his brake calipers painted yellow...Yikes! What a ripoff.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: hey guys, check this one out