Sponsored by:

Anyone going to GP St Pete?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 01:48 AM
black ice
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Anyone going to GP St Pete?

Coming up next weekend. I am going to the ALMS qualifier Friday and ALMS race on Saturday, but skipping the main event Sunday. Any of you kids going to be wandering around?

I'll be hanging out for a couple of days with great friends but they're not part of, you know, "our" kind.

Dave
Old 03-29-2008, 08:46 PM
MM993
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will be at the Porsche on Parade event first and possibly make my may over to the ALMS race.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:04 PM
Falcondrivr
Race Car

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

I'm going, but will be watching from this boat:
Old 03-30-2008, 11:40 PM
black ice
Three Wheelin'

You should stop by the race Mike, it is a pretty good show. Must be pretty crazy to have one of those second or third floor condos that ends up being right on the racetrack.

Falcondrvr, that is sick. Looks like one of those highfalutin perks of that job of yours. You will have a great time (although you've probably been camped out on the boat for the last few races....)
Old 03-31-2008, 09:27 AM
Falcondrivr
Race Car

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

This will be the first race I've watched from it. Boss' only had it a couple of years, and it's spent most of that time in the South Pacific. I took that picture in the Galapagos last summer
BTW, the boat is moored in the big canal on the back side of Tierra Verde. It's called "Sorcha." His "little" boat is the "Mango Man," an 82' Donzi a couple houses down the canal if you're out boating.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:00 PM
MM993
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Black Ice, I was there last year on Friday and it was awesome. I do feel for those folks on the low floors with these cars being so loud. I'm almost sure I'll be there. Will you be on the inside of the track?

Falcondrvr, what a beautiful Tri-deck! I spent some time on a 100' Broward and your boat makes mine look like a dingy. You're a lucky guy!!

Originally Posted by black ice
You should stop by the race Mike, it is a pretty good show. Must be pretty crazy to have one of those second or third floor condos that ends up being right on the racetrack.

Falcondrvr, that is sick. Looks like one of those highfalutin perks of that job of yours. You will have a great time (although you've probably been camped out on the boat for the last few races....)
Old 04-03-2008, 12:13 AM
black ice
Three Wheelin'

Will look for your car at Porsche on Parade. Yup, going to race with a bunch of guys. Got really good seats in the top row of grandstand 10 at end of front straight. Don't know how my friend does it, but he manages to get every year a room for us overlooking the north end of the track.

Not as nice as watching from Sorcha.

Quick Reply: Anyone going to GP St Pete?