Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone attended the ALMS race at Miller Motorsport Park?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 01:11 AM
air eater
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Has anyone attended the ALMS race at Miller Motorsport Park?

I'm considering going to the ALMS race at Miller Motorsport Park near Salt Lake City in Mid-May.
Has anyone been there? If so, is it a good spectator track? Do you have access to many viewing areas?
The website is very vague and their ticket office uninformed
Thanks in advance for any infomation that may be helpful.
Old 03-28-2008, 04:33 AM
Meister Fahrer
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've never been there, but I'd highly recommend anyone to check out the ALMS action.
Have you seen them race before? The Audi R10 is so quiet, it's really weird.
I know it's a long track, so some places may not have access, but I'm sure there are several great viewing areas.

There's a great in-car video here: http://excellence-mag.com/movies.html
Old 03-28-2008, 01:52 PM
The Brewmeister
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Meister Fahrer
I've never been there, but I'd highly recommend anyone to check out the ALMS action.
+1 I've been to their event at Lime Rock the past 4 years and I'm going again
this year. Can't Wait! Go Team Lizard!
Old 03-28-2008, 02:02 PM
air eater
Burning Brakes

I know it is good racing and I've attended all of the ALMS events except at Miller in UT.
Anyone been there?
Old 03-29-2008, 11:37 AM
hoggel
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by air eater
I'm considering going to the ALMS race at Miller Motorsport Park near Salt Lake City in Mid-May.
Has anyone been there? If so, is it a good spectator track? Do you have access to many viewing areas?
The website is very vague and their ticket office uninformed
Thanks in advance for any infomation that may be helpful.
I'm 2/2 so far but unfortunately I'll be out of town for this one. And I've driven on the track 15+ days. Come up in April and drive with the Itermountain Region PCA then you can see the facility up close and personal.

IMO the Grantsville Grandstand are the best seats because the racers are coming at you down the long straight (and from the start) and braking hard into turn 1. They are running the very fast outside course for the first time this year so the Toole Grandstand where you have an excellent view of the Attitudes (downhill chicane) should be good too. But that's on the other side of the track from all the main action in the pits. You can see most of the track from any of the grandstands but the track is big. You'll need binoculars to seee what's going on on the other side of the track. There is also excellent viewing without a grandstand seat but it can get to be a long day. Bring sunscreen!

It has been a lot of fun for three days each of the first two years. The Porsche Platz had such low numbers that there isn't one this year. You are able to get very very close to the action. You have to watch out or you might get run over by a spyder coming off the track. You are able to walk around all of the team trailers and see through the garages.

There's not much in the way of accomodations in Toole. But it's less than a half hour by freeway from Salt Lake City.

Search You Tube for "uli bmw" for a lot of in-car video at Miller.

Last edited by hoggel; 03-29-2008 at 11:51 AM. Reason: update
Old 03-29-2008, 11:51 AM
air eater
Burning Brakes

That is the information I was looking for.
I'm sorry you can't make it this year. We have 3-4 AZ Porsches caravanning for the race weekend.
Thanks for a great writeup.

Bob

Originally Posted by hoggel
I'm 2/2 so far but unfortunately I'll be out of town for this one. And I've driven on the track 15+ days. Come up in April and drive with the Itermountain Region PCA then you can see the facility up close and personal.

IMO the Grantsville Grandstand are the best seats because the racers are coming at you down the long straight (and from the start) and braking hard into turn 1. They are running the very fast outside course for the first time this year so the Toole Grandstand where you have an excellent view of the Attitudes (downhill chicane) should be good too. But that's on the other side of the track from all the main action in the pits. You can see most of the track from any of the grandstands but the track is big. You'll need binoculars to seee what's going on on the other side of the track. There is also excellent viewing without a grandstand seat but it can get to be a long day. Bring sunscreen!

It has been a lot of fun for three days each of the first two years. The Porsche Platz had such low numbers that there isn't one this year. You are able to get very very close to the action. You have to watch out or you might get run over by a spyder coming off the track. You are able to walk around all of the team trailers and see through the garages.

There's not much in the way of accomodations in Toole. But it's less than a half hour by freeway from Salt Lake City.

Quick Reply: Has anyone attended the ALMS race at Miller Motorsport Park?