Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

supercup exhaust aligment

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 12:20 PM
DocTock993
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Not to take away from the possibility that a failed motor-mount is causing these problems, but have you properly installed the supercups? These pipes do not align/ stay aligned with muffler straps only. The adjustable L-bracket that is welded to the u-turn seems to break off pretty easily and regularly (one came off in my hands when I was cleaning). A simple welding job reattaches it and allows for better securing and adjustment of the muffler.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:46 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Did the supercups come off a C4S? Joe Fabiani finally figured out that the "S" models were not the same as the normal cars, the muffler tips were farther apart. If you have the wrong one, alignment will be difficult even if it is not the motor mount problem.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:15 AM
xcusemi
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This Supercup I bought it use from a Rennlister that has C2S. Maybe that could be a reason that it did not align correctly. I will try to fiddle with it again when I get back to the country.

Thanks for all the response.

Regards
Old 03-07-2008, 12:41 AM
Joe S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Supercups are adjustable for either S or non S cars, for the supercups it was one size fits all. Just loosen the clamp at the catalytic converter and you a lot of adjustability, up, down and side to side. I didn't even use the other bracket on mine.

Quick Reply: supercup exhaust aligment