Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   993 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum-58/)
-   -   ANNOUNCEMENT : A new Porsche DIY reference site : www.pcarworkshop.com (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/413687-announcement-a-new-porsche-diy-reference-site-www-pcarworkshop-com.html)

Mike J 02-29-2008 02:32 AM

ANNOUNCEMENT : A new Porsche DIY reference site : www.pcarworkshop.com

I am very pleased to announce a new DIY website for Porsche enthusiasts. The site is www.pcarworkshop.com.

Over the last few years, I have been thinking of a Porsche DIY resource that:

- is free and open to all DIY Porsche enthusiasts
- allows DIY-oriented people to self publish and collaborate on articles related to DIY
- provides a way to store the information as a reference rather than through a conversation
- provides a comprehensive array of specifications, procedures, reference diagrams, photos, manuals, updates, etc.
- spans all Porsche oriented models
- has the potential to offer technologies such as audio, video
- has no affiliation with a specific company (like Pelican) or forums (like Rennlist, pelican, 6speedonline,etc.)

Recently I have had some time, so I took the initiative of driving the creation of a wiki-oriented site that has the potential to fulfill most of these ideas. This resource will be totally free for people to access and contribute.

I approached Robin Sun with this idea and I received his agreement to build from the DIY articles on p-car.com. I also have also received permission from other authors (including those on Robin's site) to include their procedures. So far no NO's yet, but some people have been hard to contact.

PLEASE NOTE: If you are an author of an article that has been added to pcarworkshop and you do not want it there, let me know immediately and I will delete the article. It is not my intention to have materials that the authors do not want posted on this site.

Pcarworkshop is similar to Wikipedia in that is allows people to collaboratively add and modify articles, as well as search for articles of interest. The difference is of course the articles are related to Porsche in a DIY context. This is not a forum-based site, there are already excellent forums like Rennlist that fulfill that purpose. This site is a technical reference site focused on DIY procedures and all the tools needed to support those procedures.

There are other rennlisters who have helped (including Rob Connon, thanks for the site hosting and technical support and C4S_Fan (Dennis) for feedback and brainstorming ideas). Thanks very much everyone!!

This site is brand new so, as you play with it, I would appreciate feedback especially on problems you find. If you find typos or other problems with the articles, just create an account and edit the article directly...that is the idea behind collaboration! There are certainly lots of holes to be filled and hopefully they will get filled over time.

If any of you want to contribute but do not know how and want to directly submit an article, please submit it to admin@pcarworkshop.com and I will take care of it.

Have fun, enjoy, and please free to jump right in!

Cheers,

Mike

Amfab 02-29-2008 03:36 AM

WOW

Butzi 02-29-2008 03:41 AM

Bookmarked! Thanks!!!

c993k 02-29-2008 04:21 AM

Thnaks Mike!
It's great to have this site handy!
~Chris~

geolab 02-29-2008 04:26 AM

Congrats !!! it is sooooo neat !!! beautiful contributuon !!! KUDOS

JimOz 02-29-2008 04:27 AM

Thanks Mike,

Like the page layout.

Well done.

Jim

JStuart 02-29-2008 04:37 AM

Excellent

Thanks!

guards red 02-29-2008 05:34 AM

Excellent stuff. Can't have too much information.

Garth S 02-29-2008 05:55 AM

:bowdown:

cabrio993 02-29-2008 07:51 AM

Wow...awesome job Mike!

Bookmarked and shortcut placed on desktop.

Thanks!!!!

AOW162435 02-29-2008 08:16 AM

Mike,
Fantastic!

Andreas

Ed Burdell 02-29-2008 08:22 AM

Way cool!

Mark Harris 02-29-2008 08:46 AM

A special thanks to all of you that put this together. Fantastic resource.

99three 02-29-2008 08:51 AM

Very nice Mike. Kudos!

Paul902 02-29-2008 09:30 AM

Wicked, Mike! I think I'm going to do an engine rebuild just for the fun of it!! :)