Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   993 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum-58/)
-   -   ANNOUNCEMENT : A new Porsche DIY reference site : www.pcarworkshop.com (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/413687-announcement-a-new-porsche-diy-reference-site-www-pcarworkshop-com.html)

John D. 02-29-2008 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Garth S (Post 5161826)
Perhaps our Admin could be coherced to 'sticky' this thread for a few days - to keep it on page 1 ..... John?? :)

You rang???

John D.
(BUMP - STICK ;) )

:cheers:

mstolo 03-01-2008 06:59 AM

Really amazing! My wife bought me a '96 993 CAB about 6 months ago, and shortly after learned that I have a SAI / CEL issue. My stomach dropped to my feet, especially when the dealer delightfully told me the news. After finding Rennlist, Mike's new site, and all the participation that all you guys chip in, I feel much better about owning a Porsche. I passed the first emmission test (before the CEL went on), and because of the timing of the emmission test, I have a good 13 more months before I have to really do something about it. I will probably tackle the SAI port clean job as a first step to fix the problem. I've done engine rebuilds on old Corvette's, but these P-cars are nothing like them. A totally different animal!

So many thanks to all you guys!

- Mike

Thaddeus 03-01-2008 07:31 AM

Nice site! Thanks for the hard work!! :D

Mike J 03-01-2008 11:22 AM

We have a slight glitch where the site is working fine but we can't upload files/photos. We are working on it (John D. will appreciate the scramble). The editing appears to be working OK, its related to images.

Ok, its more than a slight glitch :-( . Site is brand new so its bound to happen.........

Cheers,

Mike

rconnon 03-01-2008 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Mike J (Post 5164671)
We have a slight glitch where the site is working fine but we can't upload files/photos. We are working on it (John D. will appreciate the scramble). The editing appears to be working OK, its related to images.

Ok, its more than a slight glitch :-( . Site is brand new so its bound to happen.........

Cheers,

Mike

Hey Everyone,

The glitches have been resolved.

Cheers,

Rob

John D. 03-01-2008 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Mike J (Post 5164671)
.....(John D. will appreciate the scramble). ....

A site without a glitch would be... IMPOSSIBLE!!!?? :D Every site has a few glitches - so just take them on one by one..

You have my support - and let me know if I can help, OK??? You have crafted something way beyond most are capable of - so you just keep it up..!!

Best to you Mike!

:cheers:

John

Don Plumley 03-01-2008 05:03 PM

Excellent. I'll post a sticky in the Pelican 993 forum if you like. And I'll see if any of my track car conversion projects are useful as well.

Thank you!

Mike J 03-02-2008 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by Don Plumley (Post 5165421)
Excellent. I'll post a sticky in the Pelican 993 forum if you like. And I'll see if any of my track car conversion projects are useful as well.

Thank you!

Thanks! I was going to wait a few days before posting on other forums primarily because the site was new and bound to have issues...we already had some glitches so its best to wait perhaps a week to let it all settle down. Besides that I am busy just adding all the articles people are submitting!

Cheers,

Mike

Mike J 03-02-2008 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by Mike J (Post 5162867)
Many thanks John, I will be putting these up as soon as possible!

Cheers,

Mike

All done! Thanks John!

Cheers,

Mike

Amfab 03-02-2008 02:34 AM

Man the site is cool. Simply laid out. Stuff I already have is easier to find on your site than on my home computer!

Thanks Mike!

carreranow 03-02-2008 06:27 PM

who could ask for anything more....thanks!:rockon:

Don Plumley 03-02-2008 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mike J (Post 5166687)
Thanks! I was going to wait a few days before posting on other forums primarily because the site was new and bound to have issues...we already had some glitches so its best to wait perhaps a week to let it all settle down. Besides that I am busy just adding all the articles people are submitting!

Cheers,

Mike

Okay - why don't you go ahead and post the intro on the Pelican 993 board and let me know so I can make it a sticky.

FlatSix911 03-02-2008 11:58 PM

Mike, awesome job - I think a Rennlist Lifetime membership is in order - so let me be the first to nominate you! :thumbup:

Mike J 03-03-2008 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by FlatSix911 (Post 5169488)
Mike, awesome job - I think a Rennlist Lifetime membership is in order - so let me be the first to nominate you! :thumbup:

I would be so lucky! I do not think that this particular contribution rates that fine honor ; perhaps I will do something really awesome in the future to really earn the title! :-)

Cheers,

Mike

Adrienne 03-03-2008 12:48 PM

Mike - what a contribution! Thanks so much for putting this together! Wow!!