Sponsored by:

Calling all So cal 993's

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 05:28 PM
ZombiePorsche44
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Calling all So cal 993's

Just a post to see how many so cal 993's are going to attend the California Festival of Speed at California Speedway April 4th-6th? (see attached flyer)

If you are a 993 Registry member, we might have enough 993 Registry cars to fill our own corral or if not, we will all lump into a generic 993 corral.

The incentive is free corral parking in the infield and the pleasure of attending the best annual Porsche event on the west coast.

There will be every kind of Porsche there (on the track at speed) including 917's & 935's and a whole bunch more very rare race cars.

Please let me know what days you would like to attend so I can coordinate with Suesan to reserve our corral and get your names on the list.

If you would like to volunteer for work assignments (cool free shirt for your efforts) during the event, let me know and I will connect you with the correct person to set that up.

Thanks and I hope to see as many of you there as possible.
Attached Images  
Old 02-21-2008, 05:35 PM
FLYT993
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts

Zombie...this is 15 minutes down the freeway from me...count me in. I also might be able to volunteer so can you connect me with the appropriate person(s). TIA
Old 02-21-2008, 05:37 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 885 Likes on 583 Posts

Originally Posted by ZombiePorsche44
Just a post to see how many so cal 993's are going to attend the California Festival of Speed at California Speedway April 4th-6th? (see attached flyer)

<snip>

definately planning on going
will probably volunteer if necessary, but am hoping to drive
we'll see how Willows goes next week.

be safe

looking forward to seeing you there

Craig
Old 02-21-2008, 06:09 PM
vicrossi
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in.
Old 02-21-2008, 06:21 PM
avidtest
Racer

I'm definitely going Zombie. I'm signing up for the TT, so whatever day that is, I'll be there and probably the night before. I'm towing though, so not sure if there is room in the coral for that or not.

BTW, if you have some insight on signing up for the TT, pass it on amigo. The clubregistration.net site is a pain in the A. It appears that the TT at the Festival of Speed is not yet available for sign up. If anyone knows different, let me know. Thanks.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:15 PM
sdcabrio
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm in. Zombie, I still need to hear your RSR exhaust. As a newbie I've got a couple basic questions: Do I need to be a PCA member to go, I've yet to join? Any cost to go? My plan would be to cruise up with my 5 year old on Sat. to check out the concours and grab some lunch.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:23 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by avidtest
I'm definitely going Zombie. I'm signing up for the TT, so whatever day that is, I'll be there and probably the night before. I'm towing though, so not sure if there is room in the coral for that or not.

BTW, if you have some insight on signing up for the TT, pass it on amigo. The clubregistration.net site is a pain in the A. It appears that the TT at the Festival of Speed is not yet available for sign up. If anyone knows different, let me know. Thanks.
No kidding. Go check out motorsportsreg.com if you want to see how a site should be. Guy I know from our local racing group created it, and it's growing like crazy. I knew there were competing sites out there, but that one is just bad.

So anyway, I've given running the event a passing glance as I've not driven there yet. But I can't see having a clear schedule on that short of notice.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:31 PM
avidtest
Racer

Well, you probably would be in a higher class than me Ken, but if not, you or anyone else that runs in NP class (LP w/ POC) would likely have at a minimum, at least one person that they are faster than. I do fairly well at AX's, but have recently realized I'm slow on a real track. Must be the car....yeah...the car....

Anyway, I'm still looking for signup details if anyone knows.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:36 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Who, me? I didn't mention anything about classes. I don't care in the least. Thought it was merely a DE accompanying the races.

What I found on that reg site is that if you attempt to register by entering a username and password, you get past the first "guard". Saw all the other attendees, cost, etc.
Old 02-22-2008, 01:13 AM
David Ray
Burning Brakes

Joel - I'm in w/ the spec racer! I'll be looking for your bumper! Shannon are you going to Streets? Craig: bring an airsick bag, see you at Streets!
Old 02-23-2008, 12:10 PM
ZombiePorsche44
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It's great to see the interest but we still need 25 more cars to have our own corral dedicated to our 993's so keep looking into your schedules to see if you can make either day.

Dan aka FLYT933, send a direct e-mail to Carolyn Ewbanks at bcewbank1@verizon.net and she will let you know what types of things volunteers can participate in. I did it last year and had a blast including being in the start finish line flag stand for the start of the final Cup race.......too cool!

sdcabrio....shoot me a PM and let's have you listen to my RSR's sometime soon and you don't have to be a PCA member to attend the event and participate in the 993 corral.

Shannon.....Don't have any current advice about getting hooked up for the TT but I have sent a few e-mails out to see what I might find out from the powers that be.

To all the rest of you So Cal 993 owners....Please give it some thought to attending this event because I know from experience you will have a blast and even have a chance to drive your own 993 on the speedway! Nothing like blasting into the bank at turn one around 100+ something and letting the car track out to the wall at turn two....! Must be done in person to really appreciate this facility!

Thanks again for the responses I have received and be sure to PM me if you have any other questions.

Joel Bowman aka ZP44
Old 02-23-2008, 12:15 PM
touf
Pro

Originally Posted by avidtest

Shannon, I ll be theer as well running the TT. This is my 4 th year doing it. 3 with the 993 and 1 year with a Boxter.
I wil register this WE and wil give u hints.

Will u be rentinga garage? That s the best thing to do. You will also get a spot across ur garage for ur truck and trailer.
See you theer.
WIll you be going to SOW nect WE for the TT? If so, see you there as well. I m still running in NS (Didn t buy the camber plates yet) but I hope to chase you on the track Mr NP
Old 02-23-2008, 12:29 PM
touf
Pro

I just registered.
OMG this website is even more of a pain in the a.. than it was last year. I don t know what to do with payment. Last year they tookthe CC through Paypal. THis year they ask to fax the form.

The problem: Once I registered, I can t find the form anymore.
My name is on the roster but I can t find the form.
POS.....
Old 02-24-2008, 01:13 AM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 885 Likes on 583 Posts

bump
to keep the mojo going
Old 02-24-2008, 01:23 AM
avidtest
Racer

I'm registered now too. Once registered, you have to pay. They prefer you send a check. I don't remember the details, but I believe there also a method to pay via credit card. Tawfik, PM me if you need the info and I'll look at the confirmation I printed out when I registered.

Unfortunately, it's not likely I'll be doing the TT next weekend, but there's a slim chance I'll be able to work it out. Have to do a little work to the new (used trailer). It's the new neighborhood eye-sore.

BTW, I didn't get a garage, but if you feel like splitting one, let me know and we'll see if we can still get one.

Quick Reply: Calling all So cal 993's