Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 07:52 PM
SM Racing
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question- Turbo S Brake Duct Fog Light BULBS

Hi
Thanks for looking.

Anyone know what type bulb comes in the fixture of the Turbo S fog lamps?

H1, H3, ?

The ones listed on Automotion sure arent correct under Fog Lamp replacement

Cheers
Old 02-19-2008, 08:07 PM
Full Boost
Why do I feel so left out!
Rennlist Member

Received 421 Likes on 202 Posts

SMR,

If they are FACTORY ones - they arent Halogen. They are merely 5w parking marker lamps - I had mine apart a few weeks ago - and was surprised to see they were the "old" long tubular type.

I hope this helps,

Simon.

Last edited by Full Boost; 02-19-2008 at 08:08 PM. Reason: spelling - what else?
Old 02-19-2008, 08:37 PM
SM Racing
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats kinda what I thought.....

Any way to fit some real lights in there without burning the car down?

Ya think?
Old 02-19-2008, 08:47 PM
Full Boost
Why do I feel so left out!
Rennlist Member

Received 421 Likes on 202 Posts

SMR,

Some people have managed to adapt a 55W projector light into the duct - ala Better bodies fiberglass ones. I cant reallyhelp - mine are factory - and I hardly drive my car at night and I ws thinking abut selling them of and replacing them with just ducts anyway....

Simon.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:50 PM
Falcondrivr
Race Car

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

Mine are MA Shaw, and I thinks they is 38 watt.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:06 PM
pstraub
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 3 Posts

I had the same issue, I was looking for a bright white replacement for the little 5w marker light after I installed the factory turbo S air ducts. You also lose your fog lights when going with the air ducts. So, I found these http://www.superbrightleds.com/specs/festoonhp.htm So far, I love them, super bright and fit in the same connector tabs as the new marker lights, they are 37mm long just like the 5w bulbs. Go with the 3710-WHP6, they are about $15 each but well worth it. I also moved the marker lights over to the connectors that used to run the fog lights, so I can turn them on and off from the fog light switch. Hope this helps....Paul
Old 02-20-2008, 10:21 AM
jago
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts

i remember putting in PIAA 35w. i dont think they make them anymore though.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:55 AM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pstraub
I had the same issue, I was looking for a bright white replacement for the little 5w marker light after I installed the factory turbo S air ducts. You also lose your fog lights when going with the air ducts. So, I found these http://www.superbrightleds.com/specs/festoonhp.htm So far, I love them, super bright and fit in the same connector tabs as the new marker lights, they are 37mm long just like the 5w bulbs. Go with the 3710-WHP6, they are about $15 each but well worth it. I also moved the marker lights over to the connectors that used to run the fog lights, so I can turn them on and off from the fog light switch. Hope this helps....Paul
Hi Paul,

Just to confirm, I understand that you have the OEM Turbo S ducts which originally ran the useless marker light, correct? And you simply swapped the bulbs with the ones you referenced from superbrightleds.com? Were there any other modifications you had to make to accomodate the new bulbs?

This is great news as would like to use my Turbo S Ducts, but don't want to give up the foglights.

Thanks!
Old 02-20-2008, 12:02 PM
Ritter v4.0
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 47 Posts

I have the Shaw ducts with fogs and find them a total waste- I should have deleted the fogs and run full ducts.
They look like HID lenses but are underwhelming. Is there an LED (or other) cure for these particular lights?
Old 02-20-2008, 04:20 PM
pstraub
Pro

Originally Posted by Arrwin
Hi Paul,

Just to confirm, I understand that you have the OEM Turbo S ducts which originally ran the useless marker light, correct? And you simply swapped the bulbs with the ones you referenced from superbrightleds.com? Were there any other modifications you had to make to accomodate the new bulbs?

This is great news as would like to use my Turbo S Ducts, but don't want to give up the foglights.

Thanks!
Yes, these replace the useless 5w marker lights that come with the OEM Porsche Turbo S ducts. You open up the plastic light housing and remove the small bulb (same bulb as many types of interior dome lights) and replace with the 3710-WHP6. They fit perfect, they were designed to replace this type of bulb. They are super bright and look very good with my xenon headlights.

When you install the ducts, you remove the stock fog lights and just hide the connectors back into the bumper. The small light on the ducts is normally connected to the small position light connector that was inside the original fog light housing. If you use that connector, your LED lights will be on all the time.

I wanted the ability to turn them on and off with the fog light switch on the dash so I swapped the connectors and hooked up the new LED light assembly that fits inside the Turbo S ducts to the old OEM fog light connectors. These little LED bulbs look so good and are so bright, it's like getting your fog lights back. Paul
Old 02-20-2008, 04:29 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Yes, these replace the useless 5w marker lights that come with the OEM Porsche Turbo S ducts. You open up the plastic light housing and remove the small bulb (same bulb as many types of interior dome lights) and replace with the 3710-WHP6. They fit perfect, they were designed to replace this type of bulb. They are super bright and look very good with my xenon headlights.

When you install the ducts, you remove the stock fog lights and just hide the connectors back into the bumper. The small light on the ducts is normally connected to the small position light connector that was inside the original fog light housing. If you use that connector, your LED lights will be on all the time.

I wanted the ability to turn them on and off with the fog light switch on the dash so I swapped the connectors and hooked up the new LED light assembly that fits inside the Turbo S ducts to the old OEM fog light connectors. These little LED bulbs look so good and are so bright, it's like getting your fog lights back. Paul
Thats great news! I will be doing the same as you. Would you have a pic of the lights at night by any chance?

Thanks again.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:11 PM
pstraub
Pro

Originally Posted by Arrwin
Thats great news! I will be doing the same as you. Would you have a pic of the lights at night by any chance?

Thanks again.
I am on the road this week, I can try to post a photo after I get home. I also went with clear corners/turn signals and used the same company (no affiliation) for their 1157 LED bulbs (1157-W24), they are dual intensity white LED's that look great for position lights and blinkers. I had to change out the flasher relay so the turn signals did not blink too fast. They sell the relay also, I think CF13GL-02, about 12 bucks I think. Paul
Old 02-20-2008, 08:39 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 415 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by SM Racing
Thats kinda what I thought.....

Any way to fit some real lights in there without burning the car down?

Ya think?
Ask and ye shall receive...

Andreas
Old 02-21-2008, 12:40 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

I am on the road this week, I can try to post a photo after I get home. I also went with clear corners/turn signals and used the same company (no affiliation) for their 1157 LED bulbs (1157-W24), they are dual intensity white LED's that look great for position lights and blinkers. I had to change out the flasher relay so the turn signals did not blink too fast. They sell the relay also, I think CF13GL-02, about 12 bucks I think. Paul
No rush. Thanks for the info!
Old 04-11-2008, 08:36 PM
Q
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I replaced my headlights with HID's
...and my turbo S lights with LED's

...both supplied by www.ACEparts.com [he is a member here]

Quick Reply: question- Turbo S Brake Duct Fog Light BULBS