993 Forum 1995-1998

Fuse Relay box lid doesn't seat

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 04:32 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Fuse Relay box lid doesn't seat

The lid for the fuse and relay box that's under the front trunk/hood/bonnet up near the passanger side window does not seat all the way. I've tried several times to get it to seat all the way around but it seems that 2 or 3 of the relays near the front right corner are taller than the lid was designed to fit over. One of those relays is the DME relay so I know it's not the original one from the factory.

This is not a major issue but I would like to get it to seal if there's an easy resolution to it. Has anyone else noticed this on their car? I have yet to take all those relays out to confirm the problem is caused by too tall relays but it sure feels like that's the cause.
Old 02-07-2008, 04:45 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by 993BillW
The lid for the fuse and relay box that's under the front trunk/hood/bonnet up near the passanger side window does not seat all the way. I've tried several times to get it to seat all the way around but it seems that 2 or 3 of the relays near the front right corner are taller than the lid was designed to fit over. One of those relays is the DME relay so I know it's not the original one from the factory.

This is not a major issue but I would like to get it to seal if there's an easy resolution to it. Has anyone else noticed this on their car? I have yet to take all those relays out to confirm the problem is caused by too tall relays but it sure feels like that's the cause.
Bill,
Pull the tall relays and see if that eliminates the problem. My replacement DME relay is taller, but does not impair the fit of the lid.

Andreas
Old 02-07-2008, 05:22 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by AOW162435
Bill,
Pull the tall relays and see if that eliminates the problem. My replacement DME relay is taller, but does not impair the fit of the lid.

Andreas
Yes, I was going to do that at some time just to confirm but I'm pretty certain it's the relays being too tall for the lid.

That just made me think, I wonder if the box had been taken apart at some time and the panel at the base is not fully seated in the box? (I know what I'm saying but don't know that anyone else does!)

Quick Reply: Fuse Relay box lid doesn't seat