Sponsored by:

Congratulations NY Giants

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 02:52 AM
Paddy
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

I loved that Super Bowl! Plus, I won some money :

I hate Tom Brady and crew. Did you see him snub Eli during warm up? I'm not a Giants fan, but I love seeing the underdog win and maybe now people will get off Eli's jock. He played an amazing game and have a great 2nd half. Plus, Strahan is a beast

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/...29424&n8pe6c=2
Old 02-04-2008, 03:32 AM
allill
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hell yeah!
Old 02-04-2008, 03:34 AM
Nuff
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agreed! Best Super Bowl in a long time. Archie should be proud.

It's about time that Brady tastes defeat in a Super Bowl. Golden arm, good looks, Giselle ... enough already.

Although I still haven't gotten over the "Tuck" Rule.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:11 AM
Darkclaw13
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a great game I'm so glad that the Patriots didn't go undefeated. They really showed their true character at the end when Belichek and half the team walked into the locker room when the game wasn't even technically over. They are great sports.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:43 AM
LuftKopf
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As a Bostonian transplanted to NY *too many* years ago, it was kinda bittersweet, but definitely one for the ages...

So here's a classic byproduct of today's digital age:

it was a warm night in nyc for Feb, (with typical pre-war steam heat at least), so everyone's windows were open...

a big party in a brownstone behind me kept erupting a few seconds before I'd be seeing anything happening.... I figured they tivo'ed slightly and were a little behind, until I realized they were watching the regular Fox network (05) coverage , while I was watching the Fox HD (705) version...
there was easily a "three mississippi" delay between them, HD lagging.

Eventually, it drove me nuts enough that we changed over to the basic network... Classic.

Definitely less stressful...

The city erupted everywhere at the end of the game, like Howard Beale in "Network"!

No matter who you was your favorite, it was such a good game all you could say was "It's just a game, Focker!"
Old 02-04-2008, 10:49 AM
jago
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by froogleyankee
As a Bostonian transplanted to NY *too many* years ago, it was kinda bittersweet, but definitely one for the ages...

So here's a classic byproduct of today's digital age:

it was a warm night in nyc for Feb, (with typical pre-war steam heat at least), so everyone's windows were open...

a big party in a brownstone behind me kept erupting a few seconds before I'd be seeing anything happening.... I figured they tivo'ed slightly and were a little behind, until I realized they were watching the regular Fox network (05) coverage , while I was watching the Fox HD (705) version...
there was easily a "three mississippi" delay between them, HD lagging.

Eventually, it drove me nuts enough that we changed over to the basic network... Classic.

Definitely less stressful...

The city erupted everywhere at the end of the game, like Howard Beale in "Network"!

No matter who you was your favorite, it was such a good game all you could say was "It's just a game, Focker!"
yeah i was at a house party with two tvs in different rooms. our HD set was behind the other set all nite. it was funny.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:53 AM
J.B.H.
Rennlist Member

GIANTS!!!!
Dolphins remain the ONLY undeafeated team ever!
Old 02-04-2008, 10:57 AM
tj90
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

No tears shed in San Diego! THis will be the first Monday in a long time Ill be in early so that I can see the expression on all the chowder heads at work.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:13 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,093 Likes on 1,257 Posts

Congrats to the local boys, Enjoyable game for sure.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:16 AM
993C4Smontreal
Three Wheelin'

wow, no NE fans here?

even if you'tr not a BIG fan, it would be nice to know that we watched the season that goes down in the record books at 19-0. we won't see that for a long time.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:18 PM
dcdude
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I haven't had as much fun and seen a young, unproven QB step up and do it like that since Vince Young dismantled USC a couple years back in the BCS game.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:19 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 528 Likes on 396 Posts

That was great! how unsportsmanlike for Belicheat to leave the field be4 the game was even over? I hope he gets fined! looks like the golden boy isn't so golden.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:38 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Darkclaw13
What a great game I'm so glad that the Patriots didn't go undefeated. They really showed their true character at the end when Belichek and half the team walked into the locker room when the game wasn't even technically over. They are great sports.
I didn't read it like that. The Pats congratulated the Giants when they thought the game was over and then they left the field to let the Giants enjoy their victory celebration. They had conceded the victory to the Giants. Both sides had to be informed that the game couldn't end without a play being run.

I'm all for the Giants winning primarily because it seals the "72 Dolphins as the only undefeated team and I spent my first 35 yrs in FL, long time fan of the 'fish'.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:39 PM
GeoT3
Rennlist Member

yeah... go Big Blue... What a game... I could not sit still all night... heart pounding... most exciting super bowl for a long time... Tyree's helmet and hand catch, Eli's the escape artist and arm, man what a dominating defense of Giants... huge underdogs... congrats to Tom Coughlin who had to beg for the job this year - will not anymore... In the end I guess NE just cannot win unless they can have some films to watch prior ... Tom Brady did a great job with Giselle watching much like Romo did

I love to watch any team beat NE but I love all NE Pat fans that owns P-cars
Old 02-04-2008, 02:08 PM
Kika
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

I don't really understand why all the HUGE upset talk is about. The Giants came into this game having won every playoff game on the road, playing GREAT football. They started to peak at the RIGHT TIME, Eli has been playing fantastic. I think the regular season Pats/Giants game was the turning point for Eli, the Giants put up 35 points on the Pats in that one. A light must have gone on for the Giants.

The Giants defense won the game up front, they got pressure on Brady and hit him more than he has been hit all season. Sure Eli held his own, but if you ask me, the defensive line for the Giants were the MVPs of this one.

And dcdude, Vince Young didn't "dismantle" SC, sure we didn't stop him, but the final score was 38-41, 3 points is hardly a dismantling. What we did to Oklahoma in the Orange Bowl....55-19. THAT WAS A DISMANTLING: indicnetally, my man Steve Smith, who caught a clutch 3rd down pass and ran for a first in the final drive, had 3 TDs in that Orange Bowl, as a freshman, now in his rookie season with the Giants, man has a Superbowl Ring!

Quick Reply: Congratulations NY Giants