Sponsored by:

AZ Speeding ticket - Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 04:38 PM
Topless in Temecula
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb AZ Speeding ticket - Suggestions

Well, yesterday in the mail I received a souvenir of my trip to Scottsdale - a photo radar ticket! Seems I was "clocked" at 76 in a 65 on the 101 Loop North at Hayden Road - sure looks like me in the picture. Anyway to beat this or just pay the $165 fine and move on? Not another car on the road and I was in one of the "slow" lanes - never even say the enforcement signs. What a way to pick on out of towners! Any Scottsdale traffic experts?

Thanks - Peter

P.S. In So. Cal. on the 15 Freeway 76 mph is the traffic speed in the slow lane - the fast lane guys are going 85+ and it's has a 65 to 70 mph limit - my speed in AZ is just what I'm used to .
Old 01-16-2008, 06:56 PM
Gino993
Instructor

Originally Posted by Topless in Temecula
Well, yesterday in the mail I received a souvenir of my trip to Scottsdale - a photo radar ticket! Seems I was "clocked" at 76 in a 65 on the 101 Loop North at Hayden Road - sure looks like me in the picture. Anyway to beat this or just pay the $165 fine and move on? Not another car on the road and I was in one of the "slow" lanes - never even say the enforcement signs. What a way to pick on out of towners! Any Scottsdale traffic experts?

Thanks - Peter

P.S. In So. Cal. on the 15 Freeway 76 mph is the traffic speed in the slow lane - the fast lane guys are going 85+ and it's has a 65 to 70 mph limit - my speed in AZ is just what I'm used to .
Peter, I guess you can call me a Scottsdale traffic expert since I've gotten one of those camera tickets It's highway robbery if you ask me. I would suggest that you disregard it and make them serve you in person. That's the only way they can prove that you actually received the citation. I have a friend who got a ticket a year ago and disregarded it. Never heard from them after that so he got lucky. You should try it.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:59 PM
Gino993
Instructor

Originally Posted by Gino993
Peter, I guess you can call me a Scottsdale traffic expert since I've gotten one of those camera tickets It's highway robbery if you ask me. I would suggest that you disregard it and make them serve you in person. That's the only way they can prove that you actually received the citation. I have a friend who got a ticket a year ago and disregarded it. Never heard from them after that so he got lucky. You should try it.
Another thing, I hope you haven't viewed the citation / pictures online using the link that they sent you. That's a sure way for them to prove that you've been served.

Quick Reply: AZ Speeding ticket - Suggestions