Sponsored by: DashLynx

Hood alignment

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 03:13 PM
Cincy_Ron
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hood alignment

Did a search and couldn't come up with anything on this. I've noticed that the hood alignment or something seems to be a bit off on my car. The gap between the front of the hood and bumper is a little wider on the drivers side than passenger side. Here's a pic where you can see it. I've also included some pics of other rennlisters cars that I've saved where I've noticed the exact same thing in their pictures. Is it an easy fix by either realigning the front bumper or hood? The first pic is my car and the other 2 are fellow rennlisters.
Attached Images    
Old 01-14-2008, 03:27 PM
jimbo3
Rennlist Member

Received 656 Likes on 387 Posts

Very easy fix. Open the trunk, remove the black metal plate on the forward sill (long thin piece that has the forward rubber strip attached to it) and you will see the screwheads for the bumper cover on the left and right corners. Loosen the screws a three or four turns, push/pull cover to align and tighten screws. Don't put the black metal piece back in place until you're satisfied with alignment.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:57 PM
CarreraX
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Hey Ron, my car doesnt do that. Since we are so close, how about I drive down there and we trade bumpercovers? I would love to help out a fellow Rennlister!!!!
Old 01-14-2008, 03:57 PM
1pcarnut
Drifting

Open your hood, on each front corner of the hood, on the underside, you should see a round rubber stop, about 1/2 inch in diameter. It is threaded and is used to align the hood with the bumper. Simply grasp the stop and turn it in or out as needed to balance each side. From the picture it looks like you need to screw out the passenger side just a little and screw in the driver side. Do about 1/2 a turn at a time until they are both level. After the hood is level you may need to adjust you latch for the proper tension.
Old 01-14-2008, 04:05 PM
jimbo3
Rennlist Member

Received 656 Likes on 387 Posts

Originally Posted by prshguy
Open your hood, on each front corner of the hood, on the underside, you should see a round rubber stop, about 1/2 inch in diameter. It is threaded and is used to align the hood with the bumper. Simply grasp the stop and turn it in or out as needed to balance each side. From the picture it looks like you need to screw out the passenger side just a little and screw in the driver side. Do about 1/2 a turn at a time until they are both level. After the hood is level you may need to adjust you latch for the proper tension.
This is for height adjustment (up and down) to get the hood flush with the bumper cover. I think he was refering to gap distance (fore and aft). Could need a little of both- hard to tell.
Old 01-14-2008, 04:33 PM
Cincy_Ron
Rennlist Member

Friggin awesome. Jimbo3, I did just what you said, loosened the screw on the drivers side, pressed the bumper in a bit with my knee and retightned it. I also adjusted the rubber stops like prshguy suggested, passenger side out a little and drivers side in. Perfect! That has been bugging me for months! Sorry Mark, looks like I'm keeping the bumper. ;-)

Thanks guys!
Old 01-14-2008, 07:32 PM
1pcarnut
Drifting

Another satisfied customer.

Quick Reply: Hood alignment