993 Forum 1995-1998

VW Bus with a 993 Motor

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 09:42 PM
jaholmes
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default VW Bus with a 993 Motor

No, not the one in the youtube video spanking a GT3. I think that one had a 993TT motor.

I remember there was on in Florida. It was a few years back. I though it was fabcar that did the work. From what I remember they basically built a new frame and put the VW bus on it. This may have been done to hold the suspension and trans and motor.

Has this been done again. Is building a frame still the way to go.
Old 01-12-2008, 10:02 PM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by jaholmes
No, not the one in the youtube video spanking a GT3. I think that one had a 993TT motor.

I remember there was on in Florida. It was a few years back. I though it was fabcar that did the work. From what I remember they basically built a new frame and put the VW bus on it. This may have been done to hold the suspension and trans and motor.

Has this been done again. Is building a frame still the way to go.
I brought this up in another post last week. I saw the Bus on Miami Beach a few years back. I was trying to get a closer look when he lit up the turbos and took off. I was driving my very fast Renntech'd C32 at the time and he left me like nothing. It had Turbo Twists and it was caged inside, had Big Reds and what looked like race seats in the front. This truck was slammed to the ground as well. I have looked for hours on the Internet trying to find it and I never could. It did have Florida tags..............
Old 01-12-2008, 10:10 PM
jaholmes
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, at least you saw it up close. I think I have the actual magazine so I am going to dig for it. I didn't realize it had a 996 suspension. So I guess there really isn't much difference between the 993/996 if you building this.

I also found this link:

http://www.vwrides.com/viewtopic.php?t=85

http://www.chpltd.com/ultra_vw/ab_fab.html
Old 01-12-2008, 10:21 PM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

For some reason I remember it being 2 tone....... I thought blue and white.........
Old 01-12-2008, 11:53 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 133 Posts

I also searched for the story about Seinfeld and his buddies going on a cross country road trip in an old bus with a Porsche motor. My buddy saw him interviewed on Leno or letterman.

Quick Reply: VW Bus with a 993 Motor