Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   993 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum-58/)
-   -   Recognize this Philly C2? (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/400040-recognize-this-philly-c2.html)

mcpiaseczny 12-28-2007 03:29 PM

Recognize this Philly C2?

5 Attachment(s)
I'm on the verge of buying this car from a dealer in WA and am trying find anyone who knows something about the car's history. The last the dealer knows is that the car was bought on auction from Philadelphia. A PPI showed that it had been repainted but it's not known why. Otherwise the car is clean. I'm hoping someone could shed some light on what prompted the repaint, specifically if the car had been damaged.

The spoiler mods should make the car fairly recognizable to anyone who knows it.

Thanks!

mitch236 12-28-2007 03:32 PM

Get the VIN and run a Carfax report on it. It is suspicious that it travelled accross country (I assume it went from Philly to Washington state).

RallyJon 12-28-2007 03:41 PM

By auction in Philadelphia, they may be referring to the high line auction in Manheim, PA (about an hour from Philly) which attracts cars from all over.

mcpiaseczny 12-28-2007 03:50 PM

Carfax came back clean as well, but you bring up a good point. The original owners were in
New York (1995) and New Jersey (2004). Not a Philly car at all.

f8vr993 12-28-2007 04:06 PM

It's a 95 car with RS(probably not OEM) type front and rear spoilers.
But, no RS side skirts and rest of the car is pretty STOCK!
Q1-What are those red blinkers on the dash? Alarm indicators?(definitely aftermarket)
Q2-How much is dealer asking for??
Q3-Did you check the option code under the hood? What are they?
I might be little weary on the condition of the car... Do PPI, A MUST.
GL!:burnout::burnout:

Bull 12-28-2007 05:33 PM

The red lights on the dash look like K-40 radar front and rear visual alerts. That is the normal location on 993s for the aftermarket K-40 install, as there are already holes there behind the dash cover. The audible alert speakers are usually under the dash on left (front) and right (rear) sides.

stace 12-28-2007 06:47 PM

I can't help much but I was by that dealer a week ago and stopped to glance at both the 993s he had in stock. no side skirts on the one you picture did strike me as odd with the rest of the aero kit in place. does seem pretty stock otherwise.

the other car was a few bucks more but obviously had a newer suspension, fabspeed or similar exhaust, better aftermarket stereo. and they both have about 67k miles. the other car is arena red and a cab so of course a different car but...

I didn't drive either. just kicking tires. good luck! the sales rep did mention they had been sitting on the black coupe for some time so go in low, budget some money for new suspension and 18" wheels and if the engine is sound - might be a good deal.