993 Forum 1995-1998

Recognize this Philly C2?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 03:29 PM
mcpiaseczny
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recognize this Philly C2?

I'm on the verge of buying this car from a dealer in WA and am trying find anyone who knows something about the car's history. The last the dealer knows is that the car was bought on auction from Philadelphia. A PPI showed that it had been repainted but it's not known why. Otherwise the car is clean. I'm hoping someone could shed some light on what prompted the repaint, specifically if the car had been damaged.

The spoiler mods should make the car fairly recognizable to anyone who knows it.

Thanks!
Attached Images      
Old 12-28-2007, 03:32 PM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

Get the VIN and run a Carfax report on it. It is suspicious that it travelled accross country (I assume it went from Philly to Washington state).
Old 12-28-2007, 03:41 PM
RallyJon
Weathergirl
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

By auction in Philadelphia, they may be referring to the high line auction in Manheim, PA (about an hour from Philly) which attracts cars from all over.
Old 12-28-2007, 03:50 PM
mcpiaseczny
Racer

Carfax came back clean as well, but you bring up a good point. The original owners were in
New York (1995) and New Jersey (2004). Not a Philly car at all.
Old 12-28-2007, 04:06 PM
f8vr993
Rennlist Member

It's a 95 car with RS(probably not OEM) type front and rear spoilers.
But, no RS side skirts and rest of the car is pretty STOCK!
Q1-What are those red blinkers on the dash? Alarm indicators?(definitely aftermarket)
Q2-How much is dealer asking for??
Q3-Did you check the option code under the hood? What are they?
I might be little weary on the condition of the car... Do PPI, A MUST.
GL!
Old 12-28-2007, 05:33 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The red lights on the dash look like K-40 radar front and rear visual alerts. That is the normal location on 993s for the aftermarket K-40 install, as there are already holes there behind the dash cover. The audible alert speakers are usually under the dash on left (front) and right (rear) sides.
Old 12-28-2007, 06:47 PM
stace
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

I can't help much but I was by that dealer a week ago and stopped to glance at both the 993s he had in stock. no side skirts on the one you picture did strike me as odd with the rest of the aero kit in place. does seem pretty stock otherwise.

the other car was a few bucks more but obviously had a newer suspension, fabspeed or similar exhaust, better aftermarket stereo. and they both have about 67k miles. the other car is arena red and a cab so of course a different car but...

I didn't drive either. just kicking tires. good luck! the sales rep did mention they had been sitting on the black coupe for some time so go in low, budget some money for new suspension and 18" wheels and if the engine is sound - might be a good deal.

Quick Reply: Recognize this Philly C2?