Sponsored by:

Recaro PP for Street Use

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 02:51 PM
jsalamunovich
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recaro PP for Street Use

I want to use the Pole Position as my street seat but am concerned about the fairly large distance between the back of the driver's head and the seat back (several inches compared to only an inch or two with an OEM seat). It seems to me that given that distance, in a rear end collission the driver's head would have a lot of momentum when it hits the seat back. Since the seat back is essentially unpadded, I would expect a real wallop when the driver's head hits it. Does anyone know of a pad that could be attached to the seat back to take up some of the room between the seat back and the driver's head? It would have to be removeable so that it could be taken out when the driver is wearing a helmet.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:15 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Is there that much of a difference in distance compared to a stock seat in any car?

I think you can attach padding with velcro. If so, my suggestion would be to either have somone make a pillow. Another possibility is to use some of the small, internal lumbar padding that some of the GT3 shell seats came with.

Quick Reply: Recaro PP for Street Use