Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

was the last 993 a C4S
Old 11-22-2007, 02:19 AM
lancelot
5th Gear

Originally Posted by nile13
Aha. And he has absolutely nothing to gain financially from that drivel as an owner of another '64 car. Aha, aha.
On the contrary. But who denies that? And what's wrong with the call if you notice foul play?
Old 11-22-2007, 03:36 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by lancelot
On the contrary. But who denies that? And what's wrong with the call if you notice foul play?
I heavily dislike conspiracy theories. Especially from people who would directly benefit from them. Especially from people who seem to have some personal axe to grind.

But that's just me.
Old 11-22-2007, 08:04 PM
rconnon
Pro

Originally Posted by 911C2
OK But wait, someone had posted to pics of Seinfeld drivign a 993 a few months back. And it was a I think Riviera. Was that the LAST 993.

That person was merely a few feet away formt he last 993. That is cool in my book
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...light=seinfeld
Old 11-22-2007, 08:54 PM
ste993
Pro

Thanks for reposting that thread Rob. I missed it last time around.
Old 11-23-2007, 01:02 PM
lancelot
5th Gear

Wink

Originally Posted by nile13
I heavily dislike conspiracy theories.
You prefer to ignore some hard facts, including the published correspondence that proves that the discovery of the stripped and destoyed 'source body' has been more than a 'delusion'.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:40 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 500 Likes on 321 Posts

The guy recently posted this at the bottom of the web page:

Breaking news: On 20 November 2007 somebody has put a link to this page on Rennlist and some people in the forum state, that "I have an ax or two to grind". Comment is also "Aha. And he has absolutely nothing to gain financially from that drivel as an owner of another '64 car. Aha, aha."

Funny, that some people seem to care more about my financial interest than about the fraud itself. The '64 911 community is small and these cars will certainly meet on a concourse some time. I do not have the illusion that my car should be worth more than Seinfeld's car, on the contrary. Number #300049 is without doubt the most beautiful car I have ever seen. But my background knowledge (wrong place, wrong time...) of the 'original factory restoration' makes it hard to accept if Seinfeld's 'First' with its factory certification takes away the glittering prizes, leaving other (genuine) restorations with the judgement 'nice try'. And why is a member of the '64 911 community not entitled to call for foul play within that same community? Imagine that my #300170 would have been beyond restoration. Would anybody accept if I transferred the VIN numbers 300170 into a '65 or '66 body, converted the details and presented the result as a genuine '64 911? I guess not, but my name is not Seinfeld and my restoration workshop is not Porsche AG. In case you overlooked the link, these are the Porsche comments.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:58 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 63 Posts

Blah, blah, blah.

As a frind of mine once said "Do we really care about the plastic cups that we win?" referring to the prizes we got for amature rallying in Europe. Apparently this person cares about "glittering prizes" from concourses. Somehow it sounds way too insignificant.

An oh, lancelot, trolling is a bad, bad thing. Bad. But if you'd feel better, send me your address I'll send you some of my "glittering prizes". Don't worry that they are actually won _driving_ the car, not wiping dust off of it. They still have high bling factor.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:18 AM
Guy
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 349 Likes on 197 Posts

Sorry to resurrect an old thread......

The website owner seems to have tons of knowledge on 64 911s and really put together a very interesting website.

I think what we have here is an extremely passionate owner/enthusiast of early 911s. The first 911 is nothing short of the holy grail for such enthusiasts and learning that it has dubious authenticity is akin to a 5 year old learning that there is no Santa Claus. In short, this is serious business to these guys and I do not judge him (them) for it.

I do believe he is a little harsh on Jerry Seinfeld, a fellow enthusiast. When I have Jerry's money, I will build a super garage with all the toys as well
Old 11-27-2007, 10:35 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lancelot
You prefer to ignore some hard facts, including the published correspondence that proves that the discovery of the stripped and destoyed 'source body' has been more than a 'delusion'.
In the interest of fair disclosure you should disclose that you are the owner of that website. You have a vested interest here and are obviously biased.

If there really is something "fishy" here and you have first hand knowledge or suspicion, I for one would be interested in what you have to say....rather than hearing you defending the contents of your website w/o disclosing that you are the author.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:23 PM
lancelot
5th Gear

Originally Posted by David in LA
In the interest of fair disclosure you should disclose that you are the owner of that website.
I do not want to make a secret of my status, on the contrary. I am the author of the website and the owner of a '64 911 and I am proud of that. If you want to ask me anything, feel free to click the response button on my website, which leads to my mail address. Everybody will get an answer.

Greetings,
Arthur from The Netherlands.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:00 PM
Dan V
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Arthur from The Netherlands!

I had a very enjoyable evening reading your website -- one of the most informative on the early 911. Thanks for posting in this thread that I started! I hope you will consider me your "Rennlist Goodwill Ambassador".
Old 11-27-2007, 05:03 PM
dmcentee
Advanced

Jeez - who cares what some Hollywood has been owns?
Old 11-27-2007, 07:14 PM
WHB Porsche
I'm Still Jenny
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dmcentee
Jeez - who cares what some Hollywood has been owns?
Apparently someone cares enough to post that insulting comment...

Now back to the technical threads for me...
Old 11-27-2007, 07:36 PM
Landmule
Advanced

I all for Jerry. I appreciate his humor and his taste in cars. Count me as another guy who'd like to be his friend.

Quick Reply: Seinfeld has the 1st and last air-cooled 911