Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sticker missing.. Gurus plz advise..

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 11:46 AM
V
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The wing is aftermarket and was put on the car like 7 years ago. The original decklid does not come with the car, so I would have to replace thisone with an OEM decklid. Geo, I think you were right from the start: It is a nice car with a good price tag but there are plenty of cars out there.. Why buy something that have been repainted when you can buy something that has not been repainted?
Old 11-21-2007, 11:48 AM
clubsport1
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I have a European registered lhd car, vin in left front windscreen and silver vin WP0ZZ sticker on the passenger B post by the door striker plate, as well as under luggage lid sticker.

If I went to buy a car and all stickers were not present, i would like a decent explanation or I would look for a reduction in the price of the car, if you ever sell the car yourself you are likely to have go through the same explanation procedure yourself..
Old 11-21-2007, 11:55 AM
Texas993
Race Car

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Not that my opinion means much, but I would pass. It will always bother you and you will find more areas of concern as you own it. The next buyer will have the same concerns as you.

I am sure that you are frustrated by this. Tough to let one go.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:38 PM
V
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pjconner
Not that my opinion means much, but I would pass. It will always bother you and you will find more areas of concern as you own it. The next buyer will have the same concerns as you.

I am sure that you are frustrated by this. Tough to let one go.
Ofcourse your opinion matter. In fact, thats exactly what I'm thinking.. I have looked around a bit and the color seems very close to Ferrari Fly yellow.. Problem is that the car is in perfect mechanical condition and looks virtually brand new as far as interior and engine.. (27.xxx miles). Definately very hard to let go. but 1. I don't LOVE yellow (would much prefer ocean or black or zenith) and the fact that it has issues (sticker missing, repainted) makes me think I'll pass on thisone. Lots of cars out there and I'm not really in a hurry. But very frustrating indeed .
Old 11-21-2007, 04:07 PM
V
Rennlist Member

A friend of mine works at this dealership and takes care of the sale of the car. Just called him to say that I am passing. Oh well.. the search continues
Old 11-22-2007, 01:32 AM
Bgoldey
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

I would have done the same..I'm sure you'll be happier in the long run. If you would have a bought it a club members car in the right color, one owner, with all records and no stories would have popped up the next day. I'd pay alot more for the perfect car. Enjoy the search.

Brian
Old 11-22-2007, 08:23 AM
vjd3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Not so sure I would pass ... I had a guards red 95 cab that had been repainted by the original owner because the single-stage paint had faded in the Florida sun; the paintjob looked terrific, was clearcoated and much harder than the factory paint and pretty much immune to the sand and rock chips that wreak havoc over here. If it's a pro job and can be documented as such without accident damage ... I don't see it as a negative, assuming you're not going to concours the car or stick it in a museum. For a daily driver, why not?

For that matter, all those multi-million dollar Bugatti and Ferrari restorations at Pebble Beach have nice fresh paint on 'em ;-)
Old 11-22-2007, 12:00 PM
V
Rennlist Member

Vic, you are absolutely right. However, there's no documentation on this. Hood sticker is missing and the car was repainted (professionally) in another colour.. This would have been my weekend driver. The car seemed to be in very good condition (except for the repaint). I think the fact of the matter is, had it not been yellow I would have bought it. It was still a good deal, even with the repaint. But a repainted car with some minor issues, in the colour you almost want... When you can add a little more money (or less money and more mileage) and get a car in the colour you want that has no issues (or at least no total repaint).. That's where I am standing right now. Besides, I'm not really in a hurry. Plenty of cars out there..

What have a learned from this? I will narrow down my search and really only look at the colours that I really want and maybe be willing to pay a bit more if the right car shows up.. I think in the end, you will be happier with a car in the color you want and with the options you want, eventhough it might take a bit more time and a bit more costy. Otherwize you'll be standing there 3yrs later with a car you almost wanted, but then you got it at a good price.. I think its worth the wait and extra dough.. IMHO ofcourse

Quick Reply: Sticker missing.. Gurus plz advise..