Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

For Sale: my 993 cab (speed yellow)

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 08:16 PM
V
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Boris. I hope that your nice cab will sell soon. I understand if you don't want to go through the hassle, but I think you would get more for it in the end if you swapped the reversible mods for original parts and sold the other parts separately. We all know that you don't get much money back on mods, and I tend to believe that this is even more true for a cab.. Not that there's anything wrong with yours, as a matter of facts it's quite the opposite but you get the point. I saw that you were doing an exchange thingy on the DACH-X RSR's.. Are these still available?`I know you want a local solution with exchange, but if you are willing to sell them separately I will take the whole package and also pay shipping overseas. It's probably not worth the trouble for you but I thought I'd ask . Have a nice weekend and good luck with the sale
Old 11-23-2007, 08:36 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Tough market right now. I'm iffy on a nice one owner 70K miler that's a big question mark on the check engine light that's bouncing around at $21-22K. He has been having the same problem with total lack of interest. Just no incentive on my part to pull the trigger at the moment.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:03 PM
matt777
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Collector type cars take time to sell. All I can suggest is to be patient. It may have nothing to do with price.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:31 PM
ninjabones
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by matt777
Collector type cars take time to sell. All I can suggest is to be patient. It may have nothing to do with price.
ditto... a couple of thousand bucks isn't really the deciding factor here. You have a very unique car that will require a buyer with unique tastes. Your car is insane.... it's going to take someone who wants that insanity in a cab. I think you should wait it out, or potentially do as other suggested and part out some of the mods (IMHO).
Old 11-24-2007, 03:34 AM
FlyYellow
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

thanks for the words of encouragement. ok i'll keep listing. thus far i've tried craigslist (sfbay), ebay, and pca website. i'm open to suggestions....

cheers,
boris
Old 11-24-2007, 09:15 AM
User 121721
Racer

Odometer discrepancies scare away a lot of people. Very few people understand an odometer "upgrade."

I know you're honest but I still don't understand the odo readings -- there's 128k total on the car, the original states 118k, and the current odometer is 51,333...

Mark
Old 11-24-2007, 12:18 PM
milrad
PS Armorer
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 57 Posts

Uhhh, let me make a guess. The "upgraded" odo came with about 41,333 miles already showing on it?

Came from a salvage yard, correct?
Old 11-24-2007, 12:54 PM
FlyYellow
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

yes i bought the odometer from LA Porsche (Salvage yard). I bought the whole set of gauges from them at the same time.

For what it's worth. yes i too thought about the odometer upgrade scaring people away. But when i did it, i never thought the car would ever be sold. I thought i was going to keep this one forever!

Now i guess i think as follows:

1. i would agree that if this was a low mileage car then it would make a big difference. on a 128k mile car....hmmm well i don't see it.

2. I do have the original odometer and docs!

3. The car's condition speaks for itself!

No doube about it, i should have taken the used odometer to Palo Alto speedo here and should of had it reset to zero. Like i said, never thought i was ever going to sell this car.

Sigh.... i hope someone on this board buys it as there is a long history of this car on the board!

Cheers,
Boris
Old 11-24-2007, 06:23 PM
User 121721
Racer

In Florida and Massachusetts where I have registered cars, there is a check box on the title which says WARNING: ODOMETER NOT FACTUAL or something like that.

Basically scares away about 95% of people looking at a high end car, mainly because they know they can't sell it for the amount that a car with a virgin odometer would go for. For a lot of cars, it would take 50% off the value, easy. '85 Corolla, no big deal. 993 Porsche, very big deal...

Mark

Quick Reply: For Sale: my 993 cab (speed yellow)