Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do we have an artist in the house?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 12:49 AM
Butzi
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

There is also Michael Jekot who hangs on the 356 & 911 forums... Here's his website: http://www.reconstructions.com/index.html You must go under "Race Heritage" etc. etc. to see his different works.

edit: I just noticed he's not a paying member...pretty amazing artwork, nonetheless.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:56 AM
David Ray
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It seems every time I see an offer for 993 t's it gains momentum then dies! Is it a Porsche TM issue? I'd love to own some 993 t's. Somebody (artist minded) go for it!
Old 11-15-2007, 04:15 PM
frp911
Intermediate

Here is one on Flea-bay.
No affiliation.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...spagenameZWDVWhttp://http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotor...spagenameZWDVW
Old 11-15-2007, 08:36 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by hal m
Being a trademark attorney during the day, you would need to get a license to use the name/logo. As John just sold the rights to some corporation, who knows how "nice" they are about this subject.

I like "AirCooled Guys" myself, but what about The Women of Rennlist? They need something too! Especially the one wearing the leather!
Not to throw a bunch of cold water on this, but what DID the women have slapped on them not a few weeks ago with the calendar and how much of the car/characteristics/trademark/copyright they could use????
Old 11-16-2007, 08:40 AM
speedbump2
Racer

Originally Posted by atan888
...and Chuck, Pauls art looks great. Can he do a 993 in motion?...
I'm pretty sure he can do whatever you want. Shoot me an e-mail and I'll give you his cell #.
He's eager to do any kind of car art, and would love to hear from you.
My e-mail address is: chparkjrNOSPAM@aol.com But remove the NOSPAM.
Please put Rennlist in the subject line so i'll know it's you.

--Chuck--
Old 11-18-2007, 04:17 PM
tjangi
Three Wheelin'

how about a long sleeve white tee shirt (not to thin, eg good qualtity) then put a picture of a B+W P Car, (this is just a sample) , then along the right sleeve the word Rennlist in Red. We might also put the name and logo of the sponsors to cheapen the cost (like running tee shirts that you get after completing a road race)

Or we can make it more comical: like the front of the pcar on the front of the shirt and the back is the the picture a nice fat C2s or C4 ***...

just a thought.. but we need a tee shirt or some sorts
Attached Images  
Old 11-18-2007, 04:36 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 5,041 Likes on 1,794 Posts

Great project Alivn,

I think the name Rennlist or www.rennlist.com should be on the shirt since it's something that originated here for members. It'd be smart for the new owners to endorse it since it promotes their business. Who ever does this should also do it on a rights-free basis.

Here's my .02 based on the above:

2 colors: blue and red
Graphic of the GT2 in motion centered in the back
"CLUB 993" centered below the image of the GT2
"www.rennlist.com" centered below "CLUB 993" in smaller font
small "rennlist" logo over the heart
Old 11-18-2007, 06:46 PM
H.H.Chinn
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

There's some great ideas being shared here. On the same topic of licensing, I believe the use of an image of the car might give PNA equal or more concern as the new owners of Renn over its use. Similar to what WOR are going through with their calendar.

The image posted above is a nice start. Though I think the inside tread of the front right tire,underside of the front bumper and leading tread of the left rear tire needs to be darken to match the value of the surrounding underside of the graphic. It appears to be a "spot" light source down in those areas. A few more stipples might be nice to further help define the rear view mirror shape as well as the contour of the front bumper.

A three-quarter angle image will always appear more animated than a flat two dimension one.
Perhaps a shirt design with the three-quarter front on the front and one of the rear end done in the same style might be fun if not to be conceived as too over done. Just be sure the graphics are coordinated to go in the same direction and not appear to be wrapping around something.

Also small bit of embroidered text would certainly give any simple T-shirt design a boost in perceived value.

Just my .02
Old 11-18-2007, 10:13 PM
drummin4fun
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tjangi
how about a long sleeve white tee shirt (not to thin, eg good qualtity) then put a picture of a B+W P Car, (this is just a sample) , then along the right sleeve the word Rennlist in Red. We might also put the name and logo of the sponsors to cheapen the cost (like running tee shirts that you get after completing a road race)

Or we can make it more comical: like the front of the pcar on the front of the shirt and the back is the the picture a nice fat C2s or C4 ***...

just a thought.. but we need a tee shirt or some sorts
Those ideas are great... especially the long sleeve tee. Although, I am partial to black. How about the site logo on the front left chest area?

Not knowing the 'ins' and 'outs' legally, couldn't the tees be licenced through the site, and profits used for charity, much like the WOR calendar? I would gladly pay $30 or $40 for the shirt if a portion was slated for charity... or is that just making the idea too complex?
Old 11-19-2007, 12:04 AM
tjangi
Three Wheelin'

once i get my p car back from being lowered (some more) and weather permitting i will take clearer pics from the front and back and also a better 3/4 shot.

Colors could be black or white or even grey... we have many options i suppose...
Old 11-19-2007, 08:31 AM
meek
Burning Brakes

Not wishing to poor cold water on the idea, but you should all bear in mind that the shape of the 911 is protected in all its forms. Any reprodction of the 911 shape or part there of, in any form, infringes Porsche's intellectual rights. I know, because I have been there and crossed swords with Porsche over it. I doubt that Rennlist would offer any design with a 911 on it via the forum shop.
Old 07-07-2008, 03:04 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Got Air?

Hey guys,

I know it's been a while since the last time we were on this thread. Don't mean to resurrect such an old thread, but I have previously posted about my little brother designing and silkscreening a shirt for us. He was pretty busy with college apps and such the past few months, but now that everything is completed he is back on the project.

Here is what we came up with...

Front:

Back:

The details are being worked out, but I wanted to get the design set first. I will create a new thread when we have a consensus on the design.

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!

Last edited by Arrwin; 07-07-2008 at 05:14 PM.
Old 07-07-2008, 03:18 PM
lumpy
Racer

I like it!
Old 07-07-2008, 04:46 PM
air eater
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Excellent graphics!
Count me in for at least three.
Old 07-07-2008, 05:07 PM
flatsixforme
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Love it...I'd take one!

Quick Reply: Do we have an artist in the house?