Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

I am in need of an alignment...

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 01:51 AM
Butzi
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face I am in need of an alignment...

I took off my 996TT hollow wheels with ContiSportContact 2 well-worn on the "inside" of the tires to replace with a set of 993tt hollows with Bridgestone Potenza S-02A.

[Funny thing is: I found the new wheels on Craigslist SF Bay. The seller happened to be the new owner of Alvin's (atan888) recently sold Arena Red Turbo...these are the same wheels I was planning on buying off Alvin, but got caught up in work the last 6-weeks and didn't pull the trigger; now I finally have Alvin's wheels with new tires...Fate!]

Anyhow, back to the "old" wheels/tires:

Rears were completely worn (not to the cord...), and would have made the drive home in the rain treacherous!

Any input on the state of my alignment is appreciated. I'm going to make an appt. for next week to get it "cured"... The previous owner (rennlister) set it at it's current state, and I've put about 4000 miles on it. It looks overly aggressive for my style of driving (daily city/highway).

Driver front:

Passenger front:

Passenger rear:
Old 11-11-2007, 02:16 AM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

Hi Jeff,

Nice meeting you today. I think you do need an alignment. I highly recommend Brandon Kraus of Roger Krause Racing in Castro Valley.
http://www.rogerkrausracing.com/

He set up my Ruf for me and I cannot be happier. Brandon knows the 993 and has the kinematic toe tools to align everything correctly. I am a very happy customer. If you call them you can say Pong referred you.

CP
Old 11-11-2007, 02:23 AM
Butzi
Pro

Originally Posted by CP
Hi Jeff,

Nice meeting you today. I think you do need an alignment. I highly recommend Brandon Kraus of Roger Krause Racing in Castro Valley.
http://www.rogerkrausracing.com/

He set up my Ruf for me and I cannot be happier. Brandon knows the 993 and has the kinematic toe tools to align everything correctly. I am a very happy customer. If you call them you can say Pong referred you.

CP
Pong,

Thanks, and it was good to meet you too! Brandon was at the top of my list for phone calls on Monday, so I will be dropping your name when I talk with him

Keep the Ruf dry... (I'll be playing in the rain, now, ha ha).

I forgot to mention in the post that the passenger's side bolts (both front & rear) were NOT torqued down correctly!!! I will be bringing this up with Cars Dawydiak, the last place I had the wheels off. I know, I know, I probably should have checked the bolts when I brought the car home from the shop, but this is a "high-end" shop, no? Not happy.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:21 AM
atan888
Three Wheelin'

Damn Jeff I think you need to loose weight man (jk)
Old 11-11-2007, 12:58 PM
Butzi
Pro

Originally Posted by atan888
Damn Jeff I think you need to loose weight man (jk)
HA! I arleady lost 15 lbs!!! Now I should start stripping down the car...

Alvin, why are you always posting when most of us in this timezone are sleeping? Get some rest.

Old 11-12-2007, 10:33 PM
allill
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jeff,

See Brandon, he'll figure it out. What are you gonna do with the 996tt wheels?
Old 11-13-2007, 11:41 AM
Butzi
Pro

Originally Posted by allill
Jeff,

See Brandon, he'll figure it out. What are you gonna do with the 996tt wheels?

Hey Jeff,
I'm talking with the last shop who had possession to see if the shop they sent my car to had anything ot do with this; but then I'll end up sending it to Brnadon.

As for the 996TT wheels, I'm going to put the up for sale, in the next week or so...Aloha!

Quick Reply: I am in need of an alignment...