993 Forum 1995-1998

Corporate now...?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 07:12 AM
Marlon
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Corporate now...?

So....if the 'list is Corporate now, will the service be 'free' or will we still have to "donate" to a Corporate bottom line??? Seems kind of odd to me. Don't get me wrong - but we will now have to play by Corporate rules. What are we 'paying for??? Used to be, we helped defray our previous hosts sweat equity and at the same time helped out a charitable cause. What is it now? How do the real Corporate Sponsors 'play'?
Old 11-09-2007, 07:53 AM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My hunch is that we'll gradually see more & more ads on the pages. I frequent on one of the IB sites (www.ford-trucks.com) and every page is littered with sponsor logos and ads. I've been OK to pay to support Rennlist and the efforts of John/Jen but I think it will be different now.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:58 AM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

What pisses me off is i renewed a week before the sale
Old 11-09-2007, 08:01 AM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Same here. I feel that we were just a bunch of enthusiasts joined by a common interest. I felt that paying the membership was the least we could do to help support the site that was being operated by one of our own.

Now that it is a corporate site, and considering that all of the other sites that I visit are self supporting, I may donate my next year's subscription to Rennwish instead.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:42 AM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I suspect there will continue to be members only benifits that will justify the nominal membership cost.
Maybe even more... time will tell
Old 11-09-2007, 12:54 PM
Scooter
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was just getting ready to officially join as a member since buying my 993 and finding that this board is much better than Pelican for 993s, but I am now in the wait and see mode. It is not about the money. I know the overall sentiment here has been that membership is encouraged...sometimes required to get more support, but I think it is prudent to wait and see where this change takes Rennlist. Also, to see if paid membership is going to be necessary in the future. I sincerely hope there is no change in support here, because you guys have been a great resource for my 993 knowledge. It's the members who make a great site. My favorite 993 site will be (or continue to be), where you guys call home.

Quick Reply: Corporate now...?